Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Bringing my wifes daughter to this country

Bringing my wifes daughter to this country

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 1:27 pm
Larry W. Nicholas

I immigrated my wife (China) here in December of 1999 on a I-130. She is a CR-1 now. Her
14 year old daughter remains in China and we would like to obtain a Visa for her. Our
plans are for the daughter to remain in China and complete her highschool years, then come
to this country. We figure that will take another two or three years. However, I would
like to get her a visa now so she can at least visit during the summer months.

What is the best way to proceed in this matter, and what forms should I file?

Thank you,

Larry

Old Feb 4th 2001, 1:54 am
Alvena Ferreira

"Larry W. Nicholas" wrote:
> I immigrated my wife (China) here in December of 1999 on a I-130. She is a CR-1 now. Her
> 14 year old daughter remains in China and we would like to obtain a Visa for her. Our
> plans are for the daughter to remain in China and complete her highschool years, then
> come to this country. We figure that will take another two or three years. However, I
> would like to get her a visa now so she can at least visit during the summer months.
> What is the best way to proceed in this matter, and what forms should I file?
>
This is going to be very difficult and may be impossible. You will have to convince the
chinese US consulate that she is going to return to China, and in view of your wife's
already being in the US, this could be very hard...you can give it a shot, but don't be
surprised if they turn it down.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes