Biometrics Walk Ins

Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Jocy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics Walk Ins

Hi,

I've been searching through old threads and think this might be possible but wanted to check with the wiser more experienced people in this forum!

I've recently sent in my N-400 application and have my Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 6th. We are supposed to be on vacation from July 4th -8th. I am very reluctant to reschedule anything when it comes to immigration as the process is lengthy enough without adding to it. I think from reading other posts it might be possible to just go to the ASC early and see if they will do my biometrics in advance?

I was wondering if anybody had done this at the USCIS in Alexandria VA and been accepted. It's always been very busy when I've been in the past and I wondered if there was a success story before i brave the hour drive in beltway traffic to potentially get turned down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics Walk Ins

Most of the experiences I've read on here were positive, and were allowed to do early walk-ins as long as they have the biometrics appointment letter in hand.

I don't know about that specific ASC, though.

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

I tried last month but was turned away. My mistake (I think) was to announce to them I was early; in hindsight I probably should have just shown the letter and not said a word. The person in charge claimed they were very busy (despite being three people there).
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jocy
We are supposed to be on vacation from July 4th -8th.
Go in before or go in after... your choice. One or the other will work... no need to reschedule. It's an ASC... they're pretty flexible.

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Go in before or go in after... your choice. One or the other will work... no need to reschedule. It's an ASC... they're pretty flexible.

Ian
I'm not sure I would do a walk-in AFTER the scheduled biometrics appointment. If they can't walk-in before that date, or attend on that date, I'd take the correct steps to reschedule.

If they try to walk in AFTER the scheduled date, they risk being a no-show on the specified date.

Rene
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If they try to walk in AFTER the scheduled date, they risk being a no-show on the specified date.
Ah... good point!

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2012, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I did a walk in about a week before my scheduled appointment; no prob with it. Just take your letter and explain you'll be away; chances are they will fit you right in. Agree with Rene; do it before the appointment date, not after.

If you were to get kicked back for some reason, I'd just give it a day or two then try again...and if all else fails, reschedule properly.

Last edited by Dan725; Jun 14th 2012 at 1:26 am.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Just did a walk-in today in San Francisco.
They were very friendly - the extent of the reaction was, "Oh, you want to do it early? OK."
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Very helpful information - thank you!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Just wanted to say I did a walk in for my Biometrics Apt in the Alexandria, VA field office and it was no problem at all. I didn't even say I was early, they didn't ask. My scheduled appointment is 7/6/12 at 2pm and i turned up at 9am this morning and was in and out in 10 minutes, didn't even have to queue!

Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

What is the benefit of doing biometrics early? Does it move along the AOS process?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Holliver
What is the benefit of doing biometrics early? Does it move along the AOS process?
A little bit, yes...but probably not by much...some people prefer to do them early, or perhaps they can't make the scheduled date.

Rene
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It would get one part of the process started a bit sooner, but may not be on the critical path and so may not advance completion.

I suspect that most people who do a 'walk in' do it because the scheduled date and time are not convenient for them.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Holliver
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
or perhaps they can't make the scheduled date.

Rene
This is why I did mine early...simply was going to be back in the UK on the scheduled date so chanced a walk in - they seem to be successful more of than not. Shouldn't imagine it makes much difference to the processing times though. On the other hand, if you were to send the appointment letter back and "Officially" request a different date...you'd then be stuck waiting for a new letter, with an official new date....doing it that way would slow you down.

As with all things USCIS, two people can have very different experiences, (even at the same center) depending on people you interact with on the day...how they are feeling....how busy they are...and so on. Which is why in my earlier post, I advised to go for the walk-in - but if kicked back, try again on a different day at a different preferably less busy time. The good news is that reading around forum boards, early biometric walk-ins do seem to be be successful 95% of the time. The rest of it (such as set interviews) can't really be changed on an ad-hoc basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.