British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Biometrics - fingerprint doesnt match (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/biometrics-fingerprint-doesnt-match-729573/)

Fingers crossed Aug 22nd 2011 2:09 pm

Biometrics - fingerprint doesnt match

Hi everyone,

I had my biometrics done today at the Jacksonville, FL centre. I noticed that on the computer screen showing my fingerprints there were two boxes. One to say if the image had been taken correctly and one to say if the fingerprint was a match (presumably to the fingerprints taken at POE). It seemed that a match was found for all my prints (that I could tell, I only noticed the boxes half way through) except for my right index finger, which the lady tried to scan a couple of times. How much of a problem is this if all the others were ok?

When I was finished, the lady told me I would get something in the mail and to keep hold of my appointment letter in case I need to come back. Is this normal?

Thank you

Fingers crossed Aug 22nd 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Biometrics - fingerprint doesnt match

Just to add that I do not have a criminal record or been arrested in any country.

sir_eccles Aug 22nd 2011 4:06 pm

To the best of my knowledge fingerprint matching is not like on TV shows like CSI, it takes a little longer than that. What USCIS use when taking fingerprints, I do not know. One to one matching for known prints may be different though. I wouldn't worry about it.

CAdreaming Aug 22nd 2011 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Fingers crossed (Post 9574823)
Hi everyone,

I had my biometrics done today at the Jacksonville, FL centre. I noticed that on the computer screen showing my fingerprints there were two boxes. One to say if the image had been taken correctly and one to say if the fingerprint was a match (presumably to the fingerprints taken at POE). It seemed that a match was found for all my prints (that I could tell, I only noticed the boxes half way through) except for my right index finger, which the lady tried to scan a couple of times. How much of a problem is this if all the others were ok?

When I was finished, the lady told me I would get something in the mail and to keep hold of my appointment letter in case I need to come back. Is this normal?

Thank you

Dont worry this happened to me. (or something very similar) The machine doesnt say if your finger prints are matching yours it is coming up to say if it is a good enough scan

Mine wasnt as it couldnt get a good impression of them all. I got a letter asking me to come back to have them taken again.

The second time the operator said that it was very hard to get a good scan off all my finger prints as they were faded (must be an age thing :) )
She did explain the red and green boxes

She said that this does indeed happen and not to worry. If it didnt get good enough fingerprints 2nd time around I just had to go to my local police station for police checks since ive been in the US and wouldnt put my case back by much time
They dont do them a 3rd time

A week after I had my second set taken my EAD came in the post!
Good luck

henryh Aug 24th 2011 3:54 am

appropriate username :fingerscrossed: