Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Biometrics - Appointment possibly lost in mail.

Biometrics - Appointment possibly lost in mail.

Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all
Default Biometrics - Appointment possibly lost in mail.

Hi Everyone,

So my son and myself have received our biometric appts for the middle of October. (We have filed to have our conditions removed from our GC's). My appointment made it's way to a neighbor but that fortunately found it's way back to me. But we haven't received my daughters and I am starting to stress about it, as I think it may have gone elsewhere.

I called the USCIS and they said they couldn't do anything until 30 days after I filed which will be 9th Oct and then I believe they have to get in touch with the office in CA. (I don't know how quick this process is).

What if we accidentally miss her appointment because we haven't received it?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics - Appointment possibly lost in mail.

Originally Posted by Sharron_
Hi Everyone,

So my son and myself have received our biometric appts for the middle of October. (We have filed to have our conditions removed from our GC's). My appointment made it's way to a neighbor but that fortunately found it's way back to me. But we haven't received my daughters and I am starting to stress about it, as I think it may have gone elsewhere.

I called the USCIS and they said they couldn't do anything until 30 days after I filed which will be 9th Oct and then I believe they have to get in touch with the office in CA. (I don't know how quick this process is).

What if we accidentally miss her appointment because we haven't received it?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Go there with your daughter and all your paperwork and explain the situation.

Chances are they will do both you and your daughter.

If not, set up an Infopass appointment.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elvira
Go there with your daughter and all your paperwork and explain the situation.

Chances are they will do both you and your daughter.

If not, set up an Infopass appointment.
I don't have any paperwork for my daughter from USCIS yet....except her nearly expired green card that was issued two years ago. I believe you need the actual piece of paper with the appointment on to get the biometrics done??

She's only 4 years old.

Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any paperwork for my daughter from USCIS yet....except her nearly expired green card that was issued two years ago. I believe you need the actual piece of paper with the appointment on to get the biometrics done??

She's only 4 years old.

Thanks.
No, but you have your paperwork. It's worth a try. Remember, the biometrics service is outsourced by USCIS - they are very customer-focussed
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My recollection is that it's almost impossible to get information over the phone but that they are actually quite helpful at the office itself.

It's so stressful, hope it all gets sorted out for you.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:16 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

She's only 4 years old.

Thanks.
You have her expired green card, the copy of the form you filed to remove conditin - right? You also should have received a letter extending the validity of the GC for 1 year.

Plus you have your appointment letter.

This paperwork ought to be sufficient. If not, Infopass.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

You have her expired green card, the copy of the form you filed to remove conditin - right? You also should have received a letter extending the validity of the GC for 1 year.

Plus you have your appointment letter.

This paperwork ought to be sufficient. If not, Infopass.
Yes I do have her Green card which expires next week and I am certain my hubby has copies of all paperwork submitted.

We didn't receive an extension letter from the USCIS for her either. But the extension letter for my son came with the biometrics appointment, so I am assuming they put the extension letter in with her bio appointment and it got lost. Unless somehow they have completely overlooked her in the application.

Our bio appointments are for Oct 17.....do you think I should get down there this Saturday if they are open and try and get all our biometrics done or will that not be possible?

What's an info pass?

Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:50 pm
Homebody

Yes I do have her Green card which expires next week and I am certain my hubby has copies of all paperwork submitted.

We didn't receive an extension letter from the USCIS for her either. But the extension letter for my son came with the biometrics appointment, so I am assuming they put the extension letter in with her bio appointment and it got lost. Unless somehow they have completely overlooked her in the application.

Our bio appointments are for Oct 17.....do you think I should get down there this Saturday if they are open and try and get all our biometrics done or will that not be possible?

What's an info pass?

Thanks everyone.
I would go there asap - but perhaps not on a Saturday as this may be a busy day.

If your daughter has not received an extension letter, you will definitely want to make an Infopass (google...) appointment at your local CIS office.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What's an info pass?

Thanks everyone.
You may go to biometrics early, if you have *a* letter.
Your kids are dependant on your petition, so they will probably take everyone's at the same time.
You may want to make an InfoPass appointment about the baby. I can't remember what they do about children and bios but it may be that she doesn't need them?

oh, InfoPass is the appointment system for going to your local USCIS office.
http://infopass.uscis.gov/
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I would go there asap - but perhaps not on a Saturday as this may be a busy day.
Wednesday and Saturday are designated walk-in days for the biometrics.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:52 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wednesday and Saturday are designated walk-in days for the biometrics.
Sorry - didn't know that.

At ours they take walk-ins any day of the week, but I remember our first appointment was on a Saturday and it was like a zoo...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You may go to biometrics early, if you have *a* letter.
Your kids are dependant on your petition, so they will probably take everyone's at the same time.
You may want to make an InfoPass appointment about the baby. I can't remember what they do about children and bios but it may be that she doesn't need them?

oh, InfoPass is the appointment system for going to your local USCIS office.
http://infopass.uscis.gov/
Oh, that's a good point about the age - a 4 yr old maybe doesn't need biometrics? That could be why no letter has been received.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Sally Redux;7982211]Oh, that's a good point about the age - a 4 yr old maybe doesn't need biometrics? That could be why no letter has been received. [/QUOTE

Well I assume she will need them, as she had to have them done when she was 2 years old. Her little fingerprint is on her GC.

Also I haven't received her extension letter.

If I go to the Biometrics office.....does anyone know if they will have an appointment for her on file? I assume she has one, only we haven't received it. Unless of course she has been overlooked or some other thing I am not aware of.

Thanks again everyone.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Sharron_;7982291]
Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Oh, that's a good point about the age - a 4 yr old maybe doesn't need biometrics? That could be why no letter has been received. [/QUOTE

Well I assume she will need them, as she had to have them done when she was 2 years old. Her little fingerprint is on her GC.

Also I haven't received her extension letter.

If I go to the Biometrics office.....does anyone know if they will have an appointment for her on file? I assume she has one, only we haven't received it. Unless of course she has been overlooked or some other thing I am not aware of.

Thanks again everyone.
I'm sorry I don't know. Maybe making an Infopass appt is safest.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Sally Redux;7982294]

I'm sorry I don't know. Maybe making an Infopass appt is safest.
Thanks anyway for your input. I think the best thing to probably do first is to go to the biometrics office and take it from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.