Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Originally Posted by Dudette
I go home and everyone I meet thinks I'm American, my friends think it's hilarious and everyone here in FL thinks I'm from the north, accents are great!
Yeah accents are great, special and unique. FL has a nice mix of accents People love exotics and they love accents.

I met this nice Scottish lady last week, I swear I could listen to her for hours. I had to slap myself and head back home.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:15 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lostlove
Yeah accents are great, special and unique. FL has a nice mix of accents People love exotics and they love accents.

I met this nice Scottish lady last week, I swear I could listen to her for hours. I had to slap myself and head back home.
Hahaha, be glad it was you slapping yourself and not her
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dudette
Hahaha, be glad it was you slapping yourself and not her
I am slow, we didn't come close enough to slap one another. I met her at the cookery book section of the public library. We both wanted a book on french cooking.

Last edited by lostlove; Jun 7th 2010 at 11:05 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:50 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lostlove
I am slow, we didn't come close enough to slap one another. I meet her at the cookery book section of the public library. We both wanted a book on french cooking.
They have cook books in library's wow, I never knew that, goes to show the last time I was in a library
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Phillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I agree with that.

I know when I'm around my family who still lives in CT and some family who lives in the southern US, I quickly pick up their accents and after a couple of days I sound like a native from there. lol

Rene
When i was in the US it was mostly Irish that everybody thought i was (im scottish) but everyone seemed to love it.......maybe thats why US Immigration call you an Alien because when you talk everyone seems to look at you as if you were one lol (that was in rural Indiana)........My wife who has been Scotland for 7 years now has hilarious conversations with her mom on the phone with her mom constantly saying slow down and 'what was that'........my little 5 year old thinks his grandma is talking funny when they speak on the phone and is constantly laughing......accents are fascinating.

Last edited by Phillip33; Jun 7th 2010 at 11:05 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never forget the first time I met someone in the USA who was from the UK - West Byfleet, Surrey, to be exact. The conversation went something like this:

Me: What's your name?
Him: Paul Taylor
Me: Paul Tyler?
Him: No, Taylor.
Me: (still unsure) Can you spell your last name?
Him: T - I - Y - L - O - R
Me: Hmmm, weird way of spelling Tyler, with an I in it.
Him: Do you have a pen and paper?

He had to write it down before I realized it was Taylor, not Tyler. LOL

Rene
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Phillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud ofPhillip33 has much to be proud of

I'll never forget the first time I met someone in the USA who was from the UK - West Byfleet, Surrey, to be exact. The conversation went something like this:

Me: What's your name?
Him: Paul Taylor
Me: Paul Tyler?
Him: No, Taylor.
Me: (still unsure) Can you spell your last name?
Him: T - I - Y - L - O - R
Me: Hmmm, weird way of spelling Tyler, with an I in it.
Him: Do you have a pen and paper?

He had to write it down before I realized it was Taylor, not Tyler. LOL

Rene
LOL......funny

In the UK we get alot of American TV here and you grow accustomed to the American accent.........yet if your walking down the street and come across some Americans on holiday talking amongst each other there accent seems to stick out a mile but you would think you would be more used to it and hardly notice......seems to be a weird trick of the brain lol.

Last edited by Phillip33; Jun 7th 2010 at 11:31 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I love accents and languages in general. I remember being in Ephesus, Turkey, and having an English-speaking tour guide, but being more fascinated with the French group right next to us with the French-speaking tour guide...I listened to her more than I listened to our own guide, just because I loved hearing French (no, I don't understand it...lol)

Rene
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

May i also add,as other posters have on this topic........for the short time i have been here BE it comes across as an excellent forum with very good information and also some humour,it is well moderated and a vital tool for alot of people seeking very important info on there path to immigrating to the US......on all the US Immigration forums i have been on this one is hands down in my opinion the best,i have no doubt ill be using this forum often in the years ahead.

Thanks guys
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:46 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

While I was in St Helens, I went in the Top Shop at Hard Lane and a group of primary's were there just before school, I walked in and asked for a 10 deck of lambert and butlers... one little boy threw up his folder to cover his face which was rapidly turning red, I paid for the cigs and walked out and when I looked back, the small group was at the window and you could hear the little boy say "Shes ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerican, I bet shes famous!" if only i was! then money would never stand in the way of what I want!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I totally understand that. I felt the same way every time I've been to Turkey. It just feels inexplicably "right' to be there.

Rene

I've always felt that way when I'm in Germany. It does feel like home and while I have a tin ear, I seem to be able to pickup the language enough to say simple phrases and understand what is being said within a few days of being there.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could have the ability to learn accent like you guys. Anyways, I think we should all convince agentpepp.... to wait and apply for N-400 :-)
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:26 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m,

I sense a contradiction here. But in any case, when you're not sure about something you might want to keep an old maxim in mind - "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by milan79
I just said Ian, someone correct me if I am wrong! So don't be telling me that I am making alarmist posts and that I have no idea what I am saying. ...... Obviously, when I say someone correct me, means I am not sure.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:55 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
I wish I could have the ability to learn accent like you guys. Anyways, I think we should all convince agentpepp.... to wait and apply for N-400 :-)
Not happening Our dog in England just died last night and its finally pushed me and my husband over the edge of "Is it homesickness, or is THAT where we want to BE?" And thats where we want to be. Hes lost 3 things in a year that he would have laid his own life down for and we're worried about his mother and father because they arent getting on well... we're shooting for Novemeber this year, possibly march 11 at the latest.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
Our dog in England just died last night and its finally pushed me and my husband over the edge of "Is it homesickness, or is THAT where we want to BE?"
You'll be sorely missed AP. So deeply sorry to hear that your dog died. Sheila and I have buried many dogs and cats over the years and we always leave them a tribute at http://rainbowsbridge.com/.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.