Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:40 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Originally Posted by Rete
AP --- you have three children who are dual citizens. At some point they might well want to move back to the US and citizenship for your husband will help with entry and just plain living here if the kids of children and you guys want to live here to be around grandchildren.

It seems as though you are planning for a long range future move. Don't apply to soon for the UK spousal visa. It doesn't take long to get and I don't know if it has used immediately or not.
I wont be applying for it until August 2012 IF we decided to abandon his LPR... I would think, that if we applied for his 751 in Jan 12, he would be able to apply for US Cit sometime early 2013 right?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
I wont be applying for it until August 2012 IF we decided to abandon his LPR... I would think, that if we applied for his 751 in Jan 12, he would be able to apply for US Cit sometime early 2013 right?
I believe he can apply 2 years and 9 months from the day he became a resident, regardless of the I-751 being pending or not. If it is still pending, it would be adjudicated as part of the naturalization process AFAIK.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discoviking
I believe he can apply 2 years and 9 months from the day he became a resident, regardless of the I-751 being pending or not. If it is still pending, it would be adjudicated as part of the naturalization process AFAIK.
That's correct. He can submit the N-400 within the 90-day window just before his 3rd anniversary as a PR, if he meets all the other qualifications (marriage must be 3+ years old, meet the presence criteria, etc.).

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:57 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's correct. He can submit the N-400 within the 90-day window just before his 3rd anniversary as a PR, if he meets all the other qualifications (marriage must be 3+ years old, meet the presence criteria, etc.).

Rene
So we would not be able to apply until Jan 2013....

Makes sense...

Not sure if he wants to wait that long....something to talk to him about...in all reality, the only reason I would come back to the US is if my mom or dad or uncle died.... my children have said repeatedly they do not want to live here they want to go to england etc....

I am stuck in a rut being the family matriarch and trying to decide the right calculated path which will get us the best results.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

my children have said repeatedly they do not want to live here they want to go to england etc....
Not sure how old the children are, but they can definitely change their minds later in life. And since they'll be dual citizens, they have the freedom to live in either country....but you guys, as parents, unless you both become US/UK citizens, won't have that luxury.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:40 pm
Questy Questionson

Not sure how old the children are, but they can definitely change their minds later in life. And since they'll be dual citizens, they have the freedom to live in either country....but you guys, as parents, unless you both become US/UK citizens, won't have that luxury.

Rene
Right, I get that... I honestly don't think I want to live here ever again, i have lived all over the US in many different states....There is nothing left to be desired here for me... while I was in England, I felt "at home" if that makes any sense, I picked up the accent in about a week, was often confused with being Irish or Canadian.... and on top of that, it just felt right.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:55 pm

Right, I get that... I honestly don't think I want to live here ever again, i have lived all over the US in many different states....There is nothing left to be desired here for me... while I was in England, I felt "at home" if that makes any sense, I picked up the accent in about a week, was often confused with being Irish or Canadian.... and on top of that, it just felt right.
I totally understand that. I felt the same way every time I've been to Turkey. It just feels inexplicably "right' to be there.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2010, 7:27 pm
Questy Questionson

I totally understand that. I felt the same way every time I've been to Turkey. It just feels inexplicably "right' to be there.

Rene
I might add as well, that this board is far more informative and quicker at responses than uk-yankee, they still are a great help I feel more at ease here LOL. I have discovered a lot of information in the past 24 hours.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

An accent can be picked up that quick? Oh wow
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
It's a talent. Some of us have it, some of us don't. My personal theory is that an ear for languages and accents are related to having an ear for music.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:07 am

It's a talent. Some of us have it, some of us don't. My personal theory is that an ear for languages and accents are related to having an ear for music.
I agree with that.

I know when I'm around my family who still lives in CT and some family who lives in the southern US, I quickly pick up their accents and after a couple of days I sound like a native from there. lol

Rene
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:02 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

I agree with that.

I know when I'm around my family who still lives in CT and some family who lives in the southern US, I quickly pick up their accents and after a couple of days I sound like a native from there. lol

Rene
I go home and everyone I meet thinks I'm American, my friends think it's hilarious and everyone here in FL thinks I'm from the north, accents are great!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

I might add as well, that this board is far more informative and quicker at responses than uk-yankee, they still are a great help I feel more at ease here LOL. I have discovered a lot of information in the past 24 hours.
I agree BE is great; it comes because of great posters and moderators.

Go to other unmoderated forums for help and you will be slapped around singlehandedly learning less of immigration and more of wickedness.

The moment the intolerants know your foreign wanting help on US immigration, the next thing your thrown into apocalypse.

Thank you BE!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:54 pm
Questy Questionson

I have also lived all over the US since childhood, I think it is an adaption method I do unconsciously. Stood in the queue at ASDA and was speaking to my mum in law and this little balding man turned and said, "Oi youre Oirish?" and I said, No love, unfortunately I am American... he laughed and said tis a shame, you got that fire.... another time, I was giving a man the trolly with my coin still in it so he didnt have to use his money ( i am nice like that sometimes ) and said Here you go, take this one.... he laughed and says CANADIAN? and I said Oh and turned bright red, my husband shouted NO AMERICAN and the man stood there looking at me a bit befuddled.

I have had 3 emails back from british solicitors also, answering my immigration questions free of charge.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Accent training is popular in the East for Call Center agents. Its a one week course, its that quick. And surprisingly, in Non-English countries like Bangladesh.

If there is a will, there is a way. Look on youtube for accent lessons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.