Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:54 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Just wanted to say TY for all the help advice and encouragement you all have provided, heading to uk-yankee now because the husband and i decided to go back home to england!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Thank You to Everyone at BE

Oh my, your news is very surprising. Curious as to what happened to make you guys once again pull up stakes and this time move countries instead of just across countries.

Last I heard you had bought a house, were settled in and doing great.

Of course, I wish you and the family the best in your new quest.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 5th 2010 at 1:37 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

All that Visa journey for nothing?? I hope you mean by "going back" just for a visit. Keep in mind, if you stay more than a year you will need a re-entry permit, and if you stay more than two your green card will be revoked. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. We will miss you guys.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
... if you stay more than two your green card will be revoked. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
You're wrong. Please do NOT make alarmist posts without knowing what it is you're saying.

Ian
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:58 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

We are going back to live... my husband has lost his sister and his nan recently and we had to reevaluate our "family values". I am not close with ANY of my family here in the US and I am adaptable. The hope had always been for me and my kids to go to the UK and not have the husband come here, but I ended up pregnant and it made the transition much much too expensive and dangerous(high risk preggo) at that time.

As far as him, he won't need to reapply for reentry to the UK. Our two oldest children (whom he adopted) will be getting their british citizenship, and after that, the 3 kids will just need british passports.
I have to get s visa and biometrics. We have housing lined up and he has leads on jobs for when he gets back. We will have nearly 14k usd in savings by the time we leave.

The plan is to send him and the children home when his 2 yr pr card expires, I will close up lose ends and follow shortly behind.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
The plan is to send him and the children home when his 2 yr pr card expires, I will close up lose ends and follow shortly behind.

AP

Can I get you to rethink that? If you waited another 16 to 18 months from the time his 2 yrs is up, he could be a US citizen and he will never have a problem with visiting or coming back to live in the US. He is eligible to apply for naturalization at 2 yrs 9 months. Naturalization has been speeded up and by the time he is ready to do so, the timeline will be under 6 months from date of filing.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:56 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by Rete
AP

Can I get you to rethink that? If you waited another 16 to 18 months from the time his 2 yrs is up, he could be a US citizen and he will never have a problem with visiting or coming back to live in the US. He is eligible to apply for naturalization at 2 yrs 9 months. Naturalization has been speeded up and by the time he is ready to do so, the timeline will be under 6 months from date of filing.
It is a possibility.... we file for his I751 in January 2012... It's all a matter of timing and how much money we can manage to get saved up. Luckily for me, my boss has agreed to purchase my truck because we need
the money and we need it for our rental fleet... as for the house we are doing it on a contract for deed so I am able to back out after 3 yrs which will be up August 2012
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

I just said Ian, someone correct me if I am wrong! So don't be telling me that I am making alarmist posts and that I have no idea what I am saying. Just FYI I at least am studying Criminal Justice and specializing at The Department of Homeland Security field. I am interested in immigration. Obviously, when I say someone correct me, means I am not sure.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

AP,

I like Rete's response. You guys should think about it. If you guys going to wait to apply for his I-751, it won't take that long to apply for N-400 once his I-751 will be approved

I was so excited for you guys for every step of the way you went through. It felt like I was going through the GC process again myself :-) I feel like that about everyone on here. It makes my heart big seeing successful stories on here. That is another reason I would like to become AO. It would be a nice feeling for me, to see how people are happy when his/her case is approved. But no matter what decision you make, I am wishing you guys all the best Milan
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

AP,

I like Rete's response. You guys should think about it. If you guys going to wait to apply for his I-751, it won't take that long to apply for N-400 once his I-751 will be approved
And, in fact, they don't even need to wait for the I-751 to be approved before filing N-400 towards naturalization.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:20 am
Questy Questionson

AP,

I was so excited for you guys for every step of the way you went through. It felt like I was going through the GC process again myself :-) I feel like that about everyone on here. It makes my heart big seeing successful stories on here. That is another reason I would like to become AO. It would be a nice feeling for me, to see how people are happy when his/her case is approved. But no matter what decision you make, I am wishing you guys all the best Milan
Im hoping we make the right choice as well. His mum is in her late 60s and isn't doing well, his Nan just passed suddenly a few weeks ago and he's feeling REALLY homesick, he was just told he may become the new Assistant Manager for his department, which means more money... It's still a few years away that we will even be able to go back, but I am a planner.

Right now, we have to come up with 470 pound and 97 pound to register the older twins as British Cits, then we have to send away for all 3 of their passports at 50 pound a pop... plus save up about 4kusd for flights, the money for my biometrics etc...

Basically, we are going back, no doubt about it, it's just a matter of when. My husband and I both think that there would be no desire in the future to ever move back here... Like I said before, we wanted to go there from the beginning.... *sigh* it's just a really difficult choice to make, but it's going to happen, just not sure when!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:54 am
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Hi there, if it's any consolation at all, my DH and I are hoping to head back to Europe to live some time in the next 2 to 3 years, not to England though, we fell in love with Germany and want to go back one day.

Good Luck, I hope it all works out well for you

Last edited by Dudette; Jun 6th 2010 at 11:57 am.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:05 pm
Concierge

AP --- you have three children who are dual citizens. At some point they might well want to move back to the US and citizenship for your husband will help with entry and just plain living here if the kids of children and you guys want to live here to be around grandchildren.

It seems as though you are planning for a long range future move. Don't apply to soon for the UK spousal visa. It doesn't take long to get and I don't know if it has used immediately or not.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Just FYI I at least am studying Criminal Justice and specializing at The Department of Homeland Security field. I am interested in immigration.
Then surely you know that an LPR is an LPR until an Immigration judge says otherwise, and that abandonment is an extremely complex subspecialty of immigration law with no clear-cut formulaic answers.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Discoviking, I am not that far yet. But thank you for that info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.