Which is better for I-751 proof?

Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:28 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which is better for I-751 proof?

We'll be applying to have the conditions removed on Mark's green card in March and I'm starting to get that prepared. I have searched the forum but was unable to find anything specifically addressing my question, so here it is:

Which is better to provide as proof with the I-751: Copies of actual bank/credit card statements, or original letters on letterhead from our banks verifying that we've share joint accounts since X/XX/XXXX and still share these accounts.

Or, are they equally ok, just different ways of proving the same thing?

I prefer the idea of providing letters because it cuts down on a lot of the paperwork that has to be submitted without omitting anything. Much easier to submit one letter that covers the entire timeline, rather than supplying 2-3 copies of each account to cover the duration of our marriage. But obviously, I don't want to do that if it's not proper.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, everyone!

~ Jenney
Old Nov 16th 2005, 5:29 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice
Default Re: Which is better for I-751 proof?

Thing2 and I sent copies of actual bank statements....an assortment covering the two year period But I don't know whether or not one way is more correct than the other.

Here is a list of what we sent:

1 - Check: payment in the amount of $200.00 - Filing fee (Note: that fee is currently more, check the USCIS site for the exact amount)
1 - I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Note: there is a brand new I-751 form at the USCIS website. Use that instead of any other version found here or other places.)
1 - Additional sheet to I-751 showing previous address as a Permanent Resident
1 - Photocopy of front of Permanent Resident Card
1 - Photocopy of back of Permanent Resident Card
Sworn affidavits from family and friends showing knowledge of the relationship between thing2 and myself
1 - family member affidavit
1 - friend affidavit
1 - Photocopy of Marriage Certificate of Petitioner Thing2 and wife, Thing1
1 - Photocopy of Michigan Drivers Licenses of Thing2 and Thing1
3 - Lease agreements showing joint occupancy of our mutual residence
Photocopy of 2005 Lease agreement of current residence
Photocopy of 2004-2005 Lease agreement of previous residence
Photocopy of 2003-2004 Lease agreement of previous residence
Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities for Thing2 and Thing1
9 - Photocopy of 2003 Joint Married Filing Tax Return
9 - Photocopy of 2004 Joint Married Filing Tax Return
8 - Photocopy of Bank statements between 2004 and 2005
4 - Photocopy of Car insurance documents
3 - Photocopy of Renters Insurance Policy Documents
3 - Photocopy of Gas Bills
1 - Photocopy of Car Title
1 - Photocopy of Michigan Car Registration
Other supporting evidence showing marriage and relationship between Thing2 and Thing1
1 - Photocopy of Airline Tickets for forthcoming December 2005 return trip to Seattle, WA
1 - Photocopy of AAA Membership
1 - Photocopy of YMCA Membership Cards
1 - Wedding invitation e-mail from Nole and Lesley
13 - Photographs of Thing2 and Thing1 between 2003 and 2005
5 - Photocopies of 2003 and 2004 Christmas Cards and Envelopes from friends and family

I guess we did something right as we got an approval 46 days after filing.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:17 pm
bethpg2005

Default Re: Which is better for I-751 proof?

Hi,

Good luck with your I 751. We sent in similar evidence as thing1.
1. Copies of ALL joint bank statements since we started a joint account,
2. Copies of all utility and phone bills with both our names on
3. Joint tax returns
4. Copies of all health insurance and life insurance in both our names
5. Copies of joint mortgage

It was fairly simple, and we got approved without an interview. Usually the I751 is pretty smooth - I have never heard of a I751 being denied.

Last edited by bethpg2005; Nov 16th 2005 at 10:29 pm.