Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

BCIS strikes again........continued

Wikiposts

BCIS strikes again........continued

Old Apr 1st 2003, 11:41 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BCIS strikes again........continued

I spoke to the toll free # again yesterday, and told them what happened to me at the Miami BCIS, and they weren't really much help. I explained that the clerk wanted the forms filled out for Corey, and his birth cert, and the lady on the phone said the clerk was wrong, and I didn't need to file an I-130 on a K1. (Which I already knew!) I explained that it was a G-325a for Corey that the clerk wanted, and she said again about the I-130. After calmy getting it through to the lady on the phone that the clerk didn't ask for an I-130 but a G-325a, she just told me that Miami obviously had a reason for asking for it, and every office has their own requirements, and I should provide whatever they want. I have no problems getting whatever the hell they want, but why can't every office have the SAME requirements, then there wouldn't be problems like this, which has now cost me another week of waiting before I can file my AOS forms. (Corey can't get time off work to get his birth cert til then, and apparently, the spouse isn't eligible to get it on his behalf.) Bloody BCIS.
Kate. xxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Apr 1st 2003 at 11:54 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

UK Isabelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BCIS strikes again........continued

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I spoke to the toll free # again yesterday, and told them what happened to me at the Miami BCIS, and they weren't really much help. I explained that the clerk wanted the forms filled out for Corey, and his birth cert, and the lady on the phone said the clerk was wrong, and I didn't need to file an I-130 on a K1. (Which I already knew!) I explained that it was a G-325a for Corey that the clerk wanted, and she said again about the I-130. After calmy getting it through to the lady on the phone that the clerk didn't ask for an I-130 but a G-325a, she just told me that Miami obviously had a reason for asking for it, and every office has their own requirements, and I should provide whatever they want. I have no problems getting whatever the hell they want, but why can't every office have the SAME requirements, then there wouldn't be problems like this, which has now cost me another week of waiting before I can file my AOS forms. (Corey can't get time off work to get his birth cert til then, and apparently, the spouse isn't eligible to get it on his behalf.) Bloody BCIS.
Kate. xxxxxx

Goodness me, Kate! Sounds an absolute nightmare... Something to look forward to when I finally get my K1 Visa!!!

Best of luck!

Isabelle
Old Apr 1st 2003, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate,

Cory (assuming he is the USC) can have his BC sent to him via USPS in about a week for a minimal cost. Try it here .....http://www.vitalchek.com/

You may even be able to order overnight shipping.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 1:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Corey have a passport? Why not use that instead or has he never travelled outside of the US. The birth certificate is not for the proof of birth and age but proof of citizenship.

From the looks of things, although you were hoping to cut the time for the wait on the one year EAD, you might well have been better served to have just mailed the forms in.

Good Luck

Rete

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 1:42 am

Originally posted by Rete
Doesn't Corey have a passport? Why not use that instead or has he never travelled outside of the US. The birth certificate is not for the proof of birth and age but proof of citizenship.

From the looks of things, although you were hoping to cut the time for the wait on the one year EAD, you might well have been better served to have just mailed the forms in.

Good Luck

Rete
He doesn't have a passport. The way things have turned out, it's a good job I didn't mail the forms in, otherwise I would've got them right back. (After 3 months of waiting for a response of some sort first, of course!! ) Why can't life be simple?........sigh.
Kate. xxx
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 3:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't have a passport. The way things have turned out, it's a good job I didn't mail the forms in, otherwise I would've got them right back. (After 3 months of waiting for a response of some sort first, of course!! ) Why can't life be simple?........sigh.
Kate. xxx
Kate

You don't know that. The person who the applications are given to would have known what documentation was required for the application you are submitted. Just because the information clerk doesn't know her ass from her elbow doesn't necessarily mean that others are as ignorant as she is.

Can I ask you something else? Why are you calling the 1-800 number for information. Did the members here drill it into your head that the phones are manned by untrained personnel and that if you call three times with one question, you will get three different answers.

As for Corey's BC, what did he use for the I-129F? Don't tell me he used the one and only original he had.

Rete
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 3:15 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

<snip> lady on the phone said the clerk was wrong, and I didn't need to file an I-130 on a K1. (Which I already knew!) I explained that it was a G-325a for Corey that the clerk wanted, and she said again about the I-130. After calmy getting it through to the lady on the phone that the clerk didn't ask for an I-130 but a G-325a....
Take a deep breath, Kate. The lady was right.... She told you the clerk was WRONG. The clerk was asking you for SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS for the I-130. She was obviously making a MISTAKE.
They DON'T need a G-325A or photos or even Cory's birth certificate at this stage. All they need is yours. Read this list:
http://www.kamya.com/intro/k-1a.html#faos
I am willing to bet anything that Miami's requirements for
AOS are no different to any place else. I can understand what Rete means when she says you would have been better served if you had mailed the petition in....
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 4:01 am

Thank you for the advice. I really am in a tizz now. Yes, he did send his original birth cert. (Doh!) I did tell the clerk at Miami that I was a K1 adjusting status after marriage, and she still told me I'd need Corey's stuff. She was obviously wrong if no-one else has ever been asked for these. I'm so cheesed off with the whole system right now, I think I need some Valium.
Kate. xxx
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 4:13 am
Banned

I'm so cheesed off with the whole system right now, I think I need some Valium.
Kate. xxx
Lol, Kate The system does get through to all of us... Just ask Ken. About how testy I get when it comes to getting documents ready for the INS. I take it all upon myself and get stressed out big time.
As far as the K1 I do know one thing. You do have to file an I-130 and all those things that this woman talked about ONLY if you marry after the 90 days or well past the date you were supposed to marry....
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default forms from USC

I was required to submit a bio form and birth cert copy for myself, the USC. I live in the state capitol, so I call the Health and Human Service department ahead of time, and have copies of my birth cert waiting when I run down over lunch. I don't know if this is an option for him, though.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:08 am
Banned

Default Re: forms from USC

Originally posted by Pallyn
I was required to submit a bio form and birth cert copy for myself, the USC. I live in the state capitol, so I call the Health and Human Service department ahead of time, and have copies of my birth cert waiting when I run down over lunch. I don't know if this is an option for him, though.
Was this for the interview or at the time of filing??