Baseball

Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baseball

It's hard to say, but

Go GIANTS!

I 'watched' the game in that little MLB widget last night here in Edinburgh. Not quite the same. But nice win from the Giants. I'm tempted to buy the gameday audio package. Baseball on the radio id fantastic.

When we move back in August I'll be back working 3 blocks from big phone company park. Can't wait.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Actually, they are usually made of ash
Yeah, but then it wouldn't be a haiku.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
My older daughter and self: Bleed Dodger Blue
Weak, my daughter poops giants orange.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:13 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
Yeah, but then it wouldn't be a haiku.
The rules of this board are English language, we don't need them foreign bits and pieces, thank you!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:21 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

me.......... Go Tigers.........

her ........... Cardinals.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:26 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I've just read in the NYT that seats in the new Yankee Stadium at field level behind the dugouts/home plate cost $2,650 per game.

Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Baseball

Originally Posted by Ray
Field of dreams is on behind me right now ...
I live 20 miles away from the Field of Dreams Movie Site. Still exactly as it was in 1988, when the Movie was filmed.

As for the "game" of Baseball itself?????? Boring as shit in my humble opinion! Another American "Sport" where overpaid, obnoxious prats who have abused steroids for years rule the roost! Complete waste of a day.

Jim.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Titchski
I used to go to the Rockies quite often as we only lived 8 blocks from the stadium in Denver - lovely building, shame about the shower of shite that played there!

Off to my first minor league game on Thursday, should be fun!
I went to quite a few games a couple of years ago and to be honest once the novelty of being there had worn off I was usually in Fado's by the 3rd inning Thank God for $4 rockpile seats is all that I can say.

That being said, I did make the home opener on Friday and the Rockies' season could be an interesting one if they continue like this.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 11:15 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I was happy to see the BoSox break their losing streak angainst the Angels.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:19 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nc-gremlin
I had to give up my Durham Bulls mini-season plan when my twin daughters were born so I only get to 2 or 3 home games a year now. In a few years they will be old enough to go .
Go Bulls! I was with friends this evening and we're hatching plans to go out to see the Bulls play at home some time this season. Of course, the other half and I will see the Bulls on our own too!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:48 am
Account Closed

Klara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by notacrime
It's hard to say, but

Go GIANTS!

I 'watched' the game in that little MLB widget last night here in Edinburgh. Not quite the same. But nice win from the Giants. I'm tempted to buy the gameday audio package. Baseball on the radio id fantastic.

When we move back in August I'll be back working 3 blocks from big phone company park. Can't wait.
I was hoping someone would start a thread about the new baseball season! Baseball has really grown on me over the years, mainly as a result of my husband's love for the Giants (even though he's English). We saw the opening night game on April 8th, when Giants unfortunately lost - that oldie Randy Johnson let the Milwaukee pitcher score a three-run home run off him, the first pitcher ever to do so. But we saw some great fireworks afterwards and ate a lot of ballpark food, which is actually pretty good, at least at AT&T Park. We've already bought tickets for five more games this season and I'm really looking forward to them. As for all those who do not appreciate the game of baseball: people have different tastes; I cannot stand English football, for example, however, there is no need to slag off a particular sport just because you don't like it or, as I suspect is often the case, because it's from a different country. GO GIANTS!

BTW, anyone play fantasy baseball or other US sports?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:37 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I do miss afternoon games at Wrigley. The atmosphere is great and it's a fun way to spend the day. The beer helps of course, you don't mind that the Cubs lost so much.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Giants started the season 2-7.
I was all set for another depressing year.
But now we're .500
There's hope.
Oh, and we beat the dodgers, whapow!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:17 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

and the BoSox swept the Yankees.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

I'm off to watch the Braves tomorrow night. My nephews are walking the track. Not exactly sure what that means to be honest but the whole clan is going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.