Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Ban for 5 years to re-entry US!!HELP

Ban for 5 years to re-entry US!!HELP

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:10 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ban for 5 years to re-entry US!!HELP

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Even if there was a misrepresentation finding [212(a)(6)(C)], that does NOT have a five year limit on it.
Yes, I know. This part of the post you quoted indicates that fact. Underlined for emphasis

Originally Posted by crg
Fraud/Misrepresentation is a perpetual bar and not 5 years if that happened. Check for "6C" notations in the passport
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:14 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't know about Germany but in the UK and Canada a notary has to be a qualified practicing solicitor...and yes they do charge. In the US any man and his dog can be a notary...the manager of my local UPS store was a notary. US notaries are not recognized in the UK.
I once had to track down a US notary on a Caribbean island. She signed and stamped it for me in the back office of a gas station.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
I once had to track down a US notary on a Caribbean island. She signed and stamped it for me in the back office of a gas station.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by crg
A US notary can only stamp a document when they are in their home state.
Not a valid document if signed elsewhere.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 6:17 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by bruceba
Interesting. Her stamp said Florida and she was an attorney. Either way, good thing it wasn't a marriage license.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 6:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruceba
I'm a notary, and can only notarized here in Maricopa County. ..so very restricted.

Rene
Old Apr 29th 2016, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

maole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nice

Hi again,
maybe some of you remember me and I appreciated your help so much. I sent my notarized letter to USCIS one month ago and I didn't get my Record of Incident I-877, instead I got another long letter with other information. I don't know anymore what I should do again because I tried it 2 times and nothing. If someone has the time and nerves to read the letter, I would appreciate it very much... I don't know what I did wrong when I wrote the second notarized letter to them.
Thanks in advanced!

"Dear ....:
We received your request for information relating to...(my name) on April 20, 2016.
Your request is being handled under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 U. S.C 552). It has been assigned the following control Number: .... Please cite this number in all future correspondence about your request.
We respond to request on a first-in, first-out basis and on a multi-track system. Your request has been placed in the simple track (track 1). You specifically requested a copy of your I-877. If you would like a copy of all your records, please send a written request to the address above, otherwise you will only receive the documents specified.
Consistent with 6 C.F.R 5.5 (a) of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) FOIA regulations, USCIS processes FOIA request according to their order of receipt. Although USCIS' goal is to respond within 20 business days of receipt of your request, FOIA does permit a 10-day of this time period in certain circumstances. Due to the increasing number of FOIA requests received by this office, we may encounter some delay in processing your request. Additionally, due to the scope and nature of your request, USCIS will need to locate, compile, and review responsive records from multiple offices, both at headquarters and in the field. USCIS may also need to consult with another agency or other component of the Department of Homeland Security that have a substantial interest in the responsive information. Due to these unusual circumstances, USCIS will invoke a 10-day extension for your request pursuant to 5 U.S.C 552(a)(6)(B). Please contact our office if you would like to limit teh scope of your request or to agree on a different timetable for the processing of your request. We will make every effort to comply with your request in a timely manner.
In accordance with the Department of Homeland Security Regulations (6 C.F.R 5.3 (c)), your request is deemed to constitute an agreement to pay any fees that may be chargeable up to 25 dollars. Fees may be charged for searching records sought at the respective clerical, professional, and/or managerial rates of 4/7/10, 25 dollars per quarter hour, and for duplication of copies at the rate of 10 cents per copy. The first 100 copies and two hours of search time are not charged, and the remaining combined charges for search and duplication must exceed 14 dollars before we will charge you any fees. Most requests do not require any fees, if fees in excess of 25 dollars are required, we will notify you beforehand.
This office will be providing your records on a Compact Disc (CD) for use on your personal computer. The CD is readable on all computers through the use of Adobe Acrobat Software. A version of adobe acrobat will be included in the CD. Your records can be viewed on your computer screen and can be printed on paper. Only records 15 pages or more are eligible for CD printing. To request your responsive records on paper, please include your control number and write to the above address Attention: FOIA/PA Officer, or fax them to the number...
USCIS no longer collects Social Security Numbers in conncetion with FOIA or PA requests. When forwarding to us any documents related to your request, please ensure any Social SEcurity NUmbers on the documents are blanked out or removed.
The National Records Centre (NCR) has the responsability to ensure that personally identifiable information (PII) pertaining to U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) clients is protected.
In our efforts to safeguard this information, we may request that additional information be provided to information is voluntary, without this information, your request may be delayed while additional steps are taken to ensure the correct responsive records are located and processed. Further, if we are unable to positively identify the subject of the record we may be unable to provide the records responsive to your FOIA request.
YOU may check the status of your FOIA request online, at www.uscis.gov. Click on FOIA Request Status Check located on the left side of the webpage under "Other Services", and follow the instructions. If you have any questions concerning your pending FOIA/PA request, or check the pending status of a pending application or petition, please call the National CUstomer SErvice Centre at .... PLease be aware that the National Records Centre no longer accepts FOIA/PA related questions directly by phone.
All FOIA/PA related questions, including address changes, must be submitted in writing and be signed by the requester. Please include the control number listed above on all correspondence with this office. Requests may be mailed to the FOIA/PA Officer st the PO Box listed at the top of the letterhead, or sent by fax to.... You may also submit FOIA/PA related requests to our e-mail address at [email protected].
Old Apr 29th 2016, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The letter is telling you that they received your request for a copy of your I-877 on April 20th and its being processed. They may also charge up to 25 bucks for documentation produced.

They would hope to respond within 20 business days but this may be extended to 30 days due to increasing number of FOIA requests.

YOU may check the status of your FOIA request online, at www.uscis.gov.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

maole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nicemaole is just really nice

ohhh ok, i understood that I have to resent another letter with more information.
Thank you