Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be

Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be

Old Apr 9th 2002, 10:10 pm
Amby

Default Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be

Hi everyone,

Well our interview seemed to go OK. Interviewer was nice enough, apart from the
'usual' questions verifying info., asked where and when we met. That was it. Asked
for some photos, didn't take employer letters, lease info, joint ownership
information, etc. etc.

Anyway, she gave me my passport back and said she couldn't give me the stamp because
she had to "get my file in order" before she could approve it, and then she said "I
probably will approve it, it looks like I've got everything here." She then asked if
we were going to be leaving the country anytime soon and I said "within a month or
two probably" and she said "Ok well then I will put a rush on your file" - um, 1-2
months is a *rush*? I was quite annoyed because I expected to get the stamp today and
now I have to make yet ANOTHER trip into St. Louis city (real pain in the *ss for
me), and I thought the waiting would be over, but it's not.

Is this something to worry about, or should I be happy because she said she would
probably approve?

Oh, and by the way, she had us sign the approval letter saying that we knew to remove
the conditions within 90 days of the 2 year anniversary, etc. Then proceeded to tell
us we weren't approved yet...

--
Amber

http://www.livingtorah.org/~amby/

Old Apr 10th 2002, 12:40 am
Jim Vadek

Default Re: Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be worried?

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

I've been wondering how often AOS is denied even though the applicants are 100%
legit... that is what concerns me.

"Amby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Well our interview seemed to go OK. Interviewer was nice enough, apart from the
    > 'usual' questions verifying info., asked where and when we met. That was it. Asked
    > for some photos, didn't take employer letters, lease info, joint ownership
    > information, etc. etc.
    >
    > Anyway, she gave me my passport back and said she couldn't give me the stamp
    > because she had to "get my file in order" before she could approve it, and then she
    > said "I probably will approve it, it looks like I've got everything here." She then
    > asked if we were going to be leaving the country anytime soon and I said "within a
    > month or two probably" and she said "Ok well then I will put a rush on your file" -
    > um, 1-2 months is a *rush*? I was quite annoyed because I expected to get the stamp
    > today and now I have to make yet ANOTHER trip into St. Louis city (real pain in the
    > *ss for me), and I thought the waiting would be over, but it's not.
    >
    > Is this something to worry about, or should I be happy because she said she would
    > probably approve?
    >
    > Oh, and by the way, she had us sign the approval letter saying that we knew to
    > remove the conditions within 90 days of the 2 year anniversary, etc. Then proceeded
    > to tell us we weren't approved yet...
    >
    > --
    > Amber
    >
    > http://www.livingtorah.org/~amby/

Old Apr 10th 2002, 6:06 am
Mrs Blackross

Default Re: Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be worried?

dam that sucks. sounds like you shouldn't be worried as far as being approved, but it
seems pretty unfair/unjust that you filed in a timely manner, had all YOUR stuff
ready for her, then have to wait longer for approval just because SHE can't get her
shit together. I mean, I knew INS could be inefficient, but to make you wait longer
just because she doesn't have your file in order?

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! now awaiting
plastic GC in the mail...

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"Amby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Well our interview seemed to go OK. Interviewer was nice enough, apart from the
    > 'usual' questions verifying info., asked where and when we met. That was it. Asked
    > information, etc. etc.
    >
    > because she had to "get my file in order" before she could approve it, and then she
    > said "I probably will approve it, it looks like I've got everything here." She then
    > asked if we were going to be leaving the country anytime soon and I said "within a
    > month or two probably" and she said "Ok well then I will put a rush on your file" -
    > um, 1-2 months is a *rush*? I was quite annoyed because I expected to get the stamp
    > today and now I have to make yet ANOTHER trip into St. Louis city (real pain in the
    >
    > Is this something to worry about, or should I be happy because she said she would
    > probably approve?
    >
    > Oh, and by the way, she had us sign the approval letter saying that we knew to
    > remove the conditions within 90 days of the 2 year anniversary, etc. Then proceeded
    >
    > --
    > Amber
    >

Old Apr 10th 2002, 11:40 am
Andy Platt

Bad luck on not getting the stamp. Hope it comes quickly.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Amby" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > information, etc. etc.
    >
    >
    > probably approve?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Amber
    >

Old Apr 10th 2002, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

ambyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be

Thanks everyone. So you think I have anything to worry about?

I'm thinking if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks I will go up there and ask, since we don't want to buy plane tickets until we find out for sure I am approved and will have the stamp by then. Don't see why I should have to pay $100 for AP again.

Amber
Old Apr 10th 2002, 10:40 pm
Joe Pecador

We had our AOS Interview in the beginning of NOV 2001, we had exactly the same
problem you are having. We had all docs, etc., and were told we would hear from them
in 3 weeks. It is now 5 months later and have not heard back from them.

I have written several letters to the INS (Chicago) and even got my Senator involved,
and so far nothing either way.

All I can say is keep on top of it. Don't let it go away.

Best of Luck,

Joe "Amby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > information, etc. etc.
    >
    >
    > probably approve?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Amber
    >

Old Apr 11th 2002, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

n2stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back from AOS interview - neither approved nor denied... should I be

{{{Hugs}}} I'm sorry Amber. I hope you get it soon. Heavens only knows what the INS is up to. It doesn't make any sense at all. How can she say 'she'll probably approve you' if the file isn't in order? And why didn't she need more documentation if it wasn't in order? Keep us posted!