B2 vs B1/B2 appointment query

Old Feb 15th 2022, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default B2 vs B1/B2 appointment query

Hoping someone can help me here, I have a B2 NIV appointment in a few weeks in London. I realise now that I will have to do some business travel to the US in the next year or two. I didn't see an option for B1/B2 at the time when I booked the appointment, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if I can simply ask for a B1/B2 at the embassy, or whether that is the visa type that is generally issued anyway?

TIA.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 14th 2022 at 5:44 pm. Reason: OP request.
Old Feb 17th 2022, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

wisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 vs B1/B2 appointment query

I am sorry I can not help you but would be interested to hear what answer you get as my daughter is in the same situation. Her appointment for B2 was for today but they emailed last week and postponed until the end of May. I would really appreciate you posting your outcome.
Old Feb 17th 2022, 5:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Although I don't have any direct personal experience, it is my understanding that with the B-x visas, you either apply for a B-2 or a B-1/B-2 with the logic being that it is unrealistic to expect someone to enter the US for a business trip on a B-1 and not engage in any leisure activities.
Old Feb 17th 2022, 6:51 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Although I don't have any direct personal experience, it is my understanding that with the B-x visas, you either apply for a B-2 or a B-1/B-2 with the logic being that it is unrealistic to expect someone to enter the US for a business trip on a B-1 and not engage in any leisure activities.
On the VW they used to ask me for the primary reason for visiting and you say business or pleasure and they stamp VW-B or VW-T. I always said business if I was going to do anything related, even attending a party related to my employers parent company if it was a weekend trip and I had paid for the flight myself.
Old Feb 17th 2022, 7:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
On the VW they used to ask me for the primary reason for visiting and you say business or pleasure and they stamp VW-B or VW-T. I always said business if I was going to do anything related, even attending a party related to my employers parent company if it was a weekend trip and I had paid for the flight myself.
I would say that was appropriate, and that is what I did too.