B2 visa help

Old May 17th 2020, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 visa help

Originally Posted by Rete
Never heard that the Consulates browse this or other forums for the "dirt". I do know that USCIS does and it was spoken of at my husband residency interview.
That's a mistake on my part then - I read the previous mentions as the consulates.

Out of interest - what did they say to him?
Old May 17th 2020, 11:41 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
Hi all, me again, the ex convict with a past desire of emigrating to the USA!

with the likelihood of the embassey having read my previous threads where i was seeking advice on moving to the USA, then 2 travel visa denials for 214 b and the desire and ambition to live in the USA now put to bed, and reality well and truly sunk in..

I'm contemplating another go at a b visa.

I know your gonna say dont do it, I have zero chance, but I am going to try regardless.

They must have come close to giving me a visa on the last attempt as they asked me to send in my passport, I'm guessing they read that I had previously seeked advice on wanting to live in the USA, and for the record i have zero ambition for that now, I'm almost 42, my kids are settled and I have a good life in blighty, my mum.passed away in March with a 15 month battle with cancer and it has made me realise that your only here once so make the most of what life gives you, so holidaying is what makes me and my wife happy, especially in the US, my best holiday memories have been there so i am gonna give it another shot.

So with the knowledge that the embassey know i have previous immigrant intent , possibly they read it on here , and I actually mentioned i had aspirations of living in the US in a previous interview, and a criminal record etc etc...

I have decided to once the lockdown is over have another shot,

I have to prove to the officer that I am going to return home, so i am seeking advice on what proof i should take with me and this time be more persuasive to the officer to actually take my paperwork..

last time I took..

Proof of 3 houses i own, with Zoopla estimates showing how much capital i have tied up in property in the UK.

3 years company accounts showing a successful business that has been trading for 12 years.

Proof if my other property renovating business.

Proof of 2 cars owned.

Proof of my daughter being in college and my son in school.

Proof of reform, qualifications from level 3 up to 6 in construction management.

The officer only took a copy of my business accounts and didnt want to see all my other paperwork, maybe I should have been more persuasive for her to take them?

so i am just after some advice on what else I could take to prove strong ties?

also i am contemplating using the belfast embassey on my third attempt, I have heard they are less busy as the London office and this have more time to review cases thoroughly?

just to add I'm not looking for comments saying dont go etc as i am going to go regardless, just some help and advice..

Hope everyone is healthy and safe during these wierd and scary times..
214(b) is a generic denial that the ConOff is not satisfied the applicant is qualified. Note the default answer is “no you are not.” (Note that “immigrant” is a defined term under US immigration law. By way of example I like to note that HM Elizabeth II is an “immigrant” who perhaps might be an “a” non-immigrant). Do note that the general rule is a need to show a change of circumstances since the visa refusal.

BTW, I would not assume “lack of ties” is the reason. There may be something about you, your background, or situation that caused the ConOff to hesitate to issue. And hesitation translates to “no.”
Old May 18th 2020, 3:12 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

also i am contemplating using the belfast embassey on my third attempt, I have heard they are less busy as the London office and this have more time to review cases thoroughly?

This is considered to be a bad move. In fact, a classic bad move.
Old May 18th 2020, 3:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't the problem that they did review your case thoroughly?
Old May 18th 2020, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
Isn't the problem that they did review your case thoroughly?
maybe who knows, but I have read and personally know people who have had waivers with far worse records than mine, so i guess my record is not the actual problem, must be one of the other factors,

so would you advise against trying the quieter less busy Belfast office?
Old May 18th 2020, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

maybe who knows, but I have read and personally know people who have had waivers with far worse records than mine, so i guess my record is not the actual problem, must be one of the other factors,

It is pretty obvious that you are hell bent on pursuing this regardless of the advice given so GO AHEAD AND APPLY.
Old May 18th 2020, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

You've just been told by an ex-attorney that this is widely regarded as a bad move. Don't do it.
Old May 18th 2020, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, why not Belfast? I was advised to do it for my L1 (unless it's different for self sponsored visas?)

I remember that my company didn't want to pay to fly me there from London, until the lawyers strongly advised them to do so.
Old May 18th 2020, 8:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
Out of interest, why not Belfast? I was advised to do it for my L1 (unless it's different for self sponsored visas?)

I remember that my company didn't want to pay to fly me there from London, until the lawyers strongly advised them to do so.
I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess that when it's a B-2 visa, and it's the 3rd time trying after 2 failed attempts, it simply looks like you are desperate and are embassy-hopping (or embassy-shopping), in hopes that one embassy will override another's decision, which is not going to happen.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 19th 2020 at 2:29 am.
Old May 19th 2020, 1:34 am
Account Closed

You had been refused multiple times in London?
Old May 19th 2020, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You had been refused multiple times in London?
Nope, something about London being larger/harder to get an appointment and they'd heard of an increased rejection rate there. A few years ago when I got my B1 I went through the (old) London consulate with no issues at all.

I assume this case is quite different with multiple rejections.
Old May 19th 2020, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
That's a mistake on my part then - I read the previous mentions as the consulates.

Out of interest - what did they say to him?

Our examiner and hubby and I started talking about the internet because that is where we originally met. It eventually evolved to the point where she told us that the then BCIS looks through various immigration forums on Deja Vue (the original platform for these type of forums). It was a mild conversation. Nothing said about tracing people, etc.

Over the last 23 years there has been several BCIS/USCIS agents, retired or still working, who have been members here and posters. At the present, there are none that I know of currently in your ranks.
Old May 19th 2020, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

There is a lady on QUORA who definitely is, but she is retired, seems quite likely that somebody in the biz woould occasionally want to see what was being said about them on line, but something systematic seems unlikely.
Old May 19th 2020, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Nope, something about London being larger/harder to get an appointment and they'd heard of an increased rejection rate there. A few years ago when I got my B1 I went through the (old) London consulate with no issues at all.

Agree, very different.
Old May 19th 2020, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I had the same advice last year. My L-1 case was pretty cut and dry but the lawyers thought not to take any chances and sent me off to Belfast rather than London.

A colleague of mine seemed to have the option of going to Barbados and getting a 2-week holiday there! So I was a little miffed to have been sent to Northern Ireland.