B2 visa help

Old Feb 12th 2020, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Default Re: B2 visa help

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Some visa applications end up permanently stalled in admin processing, but given that you were asked to submit your passport and then received rejection, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility that the rejection was the error and that you could be asked to submit your passport a second time.
I'm.going to email them, just for clarity , we need a holiday booked asap, either spain or usa

thanks for your help
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Some visa applications end up permanently stalled in admin processing, but given that you were asked to submit your passport and then received rejection, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility that the rejection was the error and that you could be asked to submit your passport a second time.
Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
I'm.going to email them, just for clarity , we need a holiday booked asap, either spain or usa

thanks for your help

Emailed them.last night to clarify any confusion, I can only think that me mentioning looking into.moving there on my last interview has buggered me up, life goes on... Paris booked for April , Spain in august
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:03 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Emailed them.last night to clarify any confusion, I can only think that me mentioning looking into.moving there on my last interview has buggered me up, life goes on... Paris booked for April , Spain in august
I read your previous posts including the very first one in which you lied on the ESTA after your conviction. You had been in jail did you really think you were able to use the VWP? That is what has messed you up.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andyrebell
I read your previous posts including the very first one in which you lied on the ESTA after your conviction. You had been in jail did you really think you were able to use the VWP? That is what has messed you up.

didnt lie, convictions are spent in the UK, I told this to the officer who recommended i get a waiver,
Old Feb 12th 2020, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

didnt lie, convictions are spent in the UK, I told this to the officer who recommended i get a waiver,
Might be spent in the UK but that doesn't automatically mean other countries consider them spent as per their rules. An example would be person convicted of shoplifting (theft under $5000 Cad) in the UK 7 years ago. UK might consider it spent but still renders the person inadmissible into Canada for criminality. Would need to apply for rehabilitation or wait until 10 years has passed to be deemed rehabilitated if only one conviction.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Might be spent in the UK but that doesn't automatically mean other countries consider them spent as per their rules. An example would be person convicted of shoplifting (theft under $5000 Cad) in the UK 7 years ago. UK might consider it spent but still renders the person inadmissible into Canada for criminality. Would need to apply for rehabilitation or wait until 10 years has passed to be deemed rehabilitated if only one conviction.
yeah I know the score now, done alot of research,
my conviction was 14 years ago roughly it was spent hete after 7, never went the states until after that time , only found out about the rehabilitaion act not being accepted in the us when we looked into a poss move to the states.. opened a huge can of worms for myself, fortunately its not the end of the world,
Old Feb 12th 2020, 11:41 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I know the score now, done alot of research,
my conviction was 14 years ago roughly it was spent hete after 7, never went the states until after that time , only found out about the rehabilitaion act not being accepted in the us when we looked into a poss move to the states.. opened a huge can of worms for myself, fortunately its not the end of the world,
Numerous issues in play here - criminal history, incorrect use of ESTA, disclosing that you were thinking of moving to the USA permanently.

To be honest, it's that last one which has probably sealed your fate. How can you prove strong ties to the UK when you've been planning to up sticks and move to the USA? Anyway, it's all academic now as you won't be going anywhere near the USA for the forseeable future. Perhaps try another visitor visa application in 10 years from now. Best of luck!
Old Feb 12th 2020, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Numerous issues in play here - criminal history, incorrect use of ESTA, disclosing that you were thinking of moving to the USA permanently.

To be honest, it's that last one which has probably sealed your fate. How can you prove strong ties to the UK when you've been planning to up sticks and move to the USA? Anyway, it's all academic now as you won't be going anywhere near the USA for the forseeable future. Perhaps try another visitor visa application in 10 years from now. Best of luck!

yeah, think il call it a day thanks for your comments
Old Feb 13th 2020, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

Strange, you'd think the supervisor would look at it before asking you to send in your passport.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 2:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well there are numerous reasons it could have been denied, could have been one of them or a combination.

And I certainly have seen cases where there has been a communication failure, presumably somebody update the system incorrectly and it was picked up later. Not sure it happens that often.

From recollection there is no mention of being able to not declare spent convictions.

Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

"totality of information"

I would gamble that the Consulate had a browse on here and figured out who you are and deemed you a serious overstay risk. Given you actually said you were thinking about trying to move here during the interview for a tourist visa too....

I'd like to say there will be a next time, but I doubt it. Still interesting that the waiver decision came back in a month though.

Is the consensus on here that CHFs waiver was actually approved by DHS, but at the last moment the consulate changed their mind, as per the email?
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
"totality of information"

I would gamble that the Consulate had a browse on here and figured out who you are and deemed you a serious overstay risk. Given you actually said you were thinking about trying to move here during the interview for a tourist visa too....

I'd like to say there will be a next time, but I doubt it. Still interesting that the waiver decision came back in a month though.

Is the consensus on here that CHFs waiver was actually approved by DHS, but at the last moment the consulate changed their mind, as per the email?
they would be pretty stupid to think I'd leave 3 houses, 2 businesses, 2 cars, 2 kids, a wife a dog, parents, sisters , cousins aunts uncles..... to be an illegal immigrant, and I hope they read this.

literally booked 3 holidays in Europe so life goes on outside of the us of a !!!
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Shade2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a shame you have had such a negative experience but as you said life does go on and there are more countries to visit and have an amazing time in....Hope you have some fabulous holidays this coming year 🤘
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shade2001
It's a shame you have had such a negative experience but as you said life does go on and there are more countries to visit and have an amazing time in....Hope you have some fabulous holidays this coming year 🤘
thanks, yeah it has pissed me off but life goes on, just booked paris , Spain and road trip across Italy so its a decent trade off, but it does hurt my feelings when we was supposed to be road tripping california for 3 weeks

glad you got your happy ending though
Old Feb 15th 2020, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Jay1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which portal are you checking the embassy one for me just says appointment. The ceac
​​​​tracker says refused. Not heard anything since interview 13th november.

Last edited by Jay1976; Feb 15th 2020 at 12:54 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.