b2 visa forms

Old May 11th 2016, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

rachelstanford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default b2 visa forms

so thank you for your help so far. http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...cation-877119/

What documents do I need to bring, do I need a birth certificate, I can't quite remember. I know I need the passport pictures. but I just want to make sure there is nothing I have forgotten.

Also I am employed but I am also self employed, is there any point me mentioning this and also bringing my tax forms, as I of course don't want anything to work against me in the interview.

Also I am thinking of writing a letter to explain my situation (lawyer has advised), so that I say I was previously denied a b2, but approved a k1, however I decided not to get married. Or is it much better that I just avoid it? I'm sure they will be looking at the fact I previously had a k1 and it will work against me.

thanks for the help.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b2 visa forms

Originally Posted by rachelstanford
Or is it much better that I just avoid it?
What does your lawyer recommend?

I'm sure they will be looking at the fact I previously had a k1 and it will work against me.
I have no idea why you believe this to be true... other than you letting your fears get the better of you.

Ian
Old May 11th 2016, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

well the lawyer said that I should write a letter and explain that I was in a very long term relationship that's why I applied for the k1 visa, however I decided that America was not the place for me, she even went as far to say that I should write "if I wanted to stay then I had the opportunity to, but I didn't want to live there". (something to that effect).
on the ds160 I had to say that I had a previous visa the k1 so they of course will have this on record and they might just find it suspicious.
Old May 11th 2016, 8:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don't think you should write anything.

If the ConOff has questions or needs clarification, he will ask you at the interview.

Rene
Old May 12th 2016, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

ok and in regards to the documents needed, do I need a birth certificate? and also do I give in all my information like the wedding invitation and my employment contract etc before the interview at the first window?
Old May 12th 2016, 11:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say bring any documents you think you might need, better safe than sorry.

I thought for a B visa, there is only one window. But I'm not sure, so hopefully someone comments.

Rene
Old May 12th 2016, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ok also as well as being employed I am also self employed. Is that worth mentioning or not?
Old May 12th 2016, 8:37 pm

Ok also as well as being employed I am also self employed. Is that worth mentioning or not?
I don't know what kind of questions are on the visa application form, but I assume it asks about employment, and that you listed all your employment.

At the interview, just answer the questions asked.

Rene
Old May 13th 2016, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

I believe I didn't go into much details about the reason I am visiting etc. I hope they do give me time to actually explain without writing me off before I even get to the window. I know sometimes they have made up their mind before anything.
Are you able to appeal if denied?
Old May 13th 2016, 1:40 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I didn't go into much details about the reason I am visiting etc. I hope they do give me time to actually explain without writing me off before I even get to the window. I know sometimes they have made up their mind before anything.
Are you able to appeal if denied?
There is nothing to appeal. All you can do is re apply.

Don't rely too much on documents. Take them just as a backup in case you need them. The answers you give to their questions and how you give them are more important than pieces of paper.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

thank you all so much for all your help and advise! today my b2 visa has been approved!!!
the officer was lovely, he told me I had 9 denials on the esta and I just explained what happened etc. he did ask me about my k1 visa.
He didn't want to see any of the documents I had brought with, and approved me for 10 years, so thank you all again! and thank God I didn't take the lawyers advice of flying to the embassy in Ireland.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the update!