Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 visa denined, can travel on pre-approved esta?

B2 visa denined, can travel on pre-approved esta?

Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

petergus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B2 visa denined, can travel on pre-approved esta?

yes, thats seems to be the next reasonable step. out west here though its probably 95% mexican immigration though (meaning not many cases of a natural born US citizen trying to help his foreign child and childs mother in)
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petergus
yes, thats seems to be the next reasonable step. out west here though its probably 95% mexican immigration though (meaning not many cases of a natural born US citizen trying to help his foreign child and childs mother in)
I think you've only just become aware of this topic, so you'll probably learn lots that you don't know now.

I'm also a USC and live in the west. There are plenty of lawyers who can assist you. I roll my eyes in your general direction.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

lol thanks.
yup, already have in mind some to contact anyway. but as we've discussed here it seems not much to do unless we go for a K1...?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

oh hey, advise on finding 'qualified' lawyers?? (im in colorado by the way)
course i could search net a directories but if you know something helpful would appreciate it further
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petergus
oh hey, advise on finding 'qualified' lawyers?? (im in colorado by the way)
course i could search net a directories but if you know something helpful would appreciate it further
US immigration is conducted under Federal law, so any lawyer admitted anywhere may practice "immigration". However, the ones who make it their sole form of practice are going to be more current and hopefully accurate.
You may also hire someone not in your state; most good lawyers can work over email, phone etc. It's generally better to find someone who does your particular type of work rather than someone geographically close to you (unless you need representation in court in your city).

Lawyers who do entrepreneur visas are not going to be as current on family issue or citizenship cases as a lawyer who makes that the bulk of their practice.

There is a trade group for immigration lawyers. They have a referral system on their website and as dues are quite high, it's assumed you'll have more 'immigration specific' practitioners listed there. www.aila.org

PS: I would suggest you not contact people asking about a "K-1". You seem to want a true consultation.. lay out your information and see what they recommend. This ain't Burger King, or so I've heard.