B2 Visa for cycling?

Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:54 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Visa for cycling?

Originally Posted by domslade
its looking more and more likely that is what im going to have to do. nevermind, it will still be fantastic, if not that much more tiring.

thanks for all the help and suggestions
You may find it's even better to do it in two chunks. You'll learn a lot your first time around, and be able to apply that to your second trip.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

domslade is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avanutria
You may find it's even better to do it in two chunks. You'll learn a lot your first time around, and be able to apply that to your second trip.
not really an option. there wouldnt be the same sense of satisfaction and achievement
Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

not really an option. there wouldnt be the same sense of satisfaction and achievement
What about another route through a different country?
Or 90 days in the US then up into Canada and go home from there?
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Many people have a generalized desire to stay more than 90 days. For example, I'm buying a motor home and will be the happy wanderer. That said, if one has a detailed itinerary and it seems reasonable to take more than 90 days -- it very well might work. of course, there are many other factors at work. Is it your hobby -- do you obsess over that bike? Have you done long tours elsewhere?

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Aug 6th 2011 at 12:00 am.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 1:01 am
Just Joined

I do have a very detailed itinerary which would take me through about 20 states. If they saw it reasonable for me to complete my desired journey in full, then the extra stay would be totally necessary. But it sounds like they will just think I can get from A to B in 90 days, and will not really count what I have planned in between.

I have done long tours else where. I have cycled John O'Groats to Lands End (1000miles) & London to Naples (2000 miles) so the next step is cycling across the USA. Will this have any impact do you think? I want to finish in Jacksonville because I lived there as a child so I want to go and see my old home town and see if anyone I used to know still lives there.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 1:26 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like fun. I'd like to hike the Erie Canal if/when I move back to the US. It's good that I don't need a visa. Perhaps you could get lucky and find a consular officer with a passion for biking. Just as an FYI, they may not even bother to look at supporting documentation or speak with you about your plans.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a very detailed itinerary which would take me through about 20 states.
If you don't apply, you'll never know. If it's denied... then you can look for alternatives.

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

Why not get in touch with Mark Allison, AKA Run Geordie Run - he's about three days from finishing a 3,100 mile run from California to NYC aiming to complete in 100 days. Of course, his effort is for charity and he has succesfully broken his target of £50k, but evidently he must be on a B2 visa. He's obviously going to be a bit busy for the next few days, but perhaps he can let you know how he obtained his visa.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iray
Why not get in touch with Mark Allison, AKA Run Geordie Run - he's about three days from finishing a 3,100 mile run from California to NYC aiming to complete in 100 days. Of course, his effort is for charity and he has succesfully broken his target of £50k, but evidently he must be on a B2 visa. He's obviously going to be a bit busy for the next few days, but perhaps he can let you know how he obtained his visa.
I will do that. Thank you very much
Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

A boyfriend of one of my offspring is into long distance biking and he tells me that LA to San Francisco takes 4 days. He opined that LA to NYC would take about 30 days "if you push it."
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:12 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Google says you can bike that in just under 12 days. Of course you'd have to avoid little distractions such as stopping to sleep, eat, use the restroom, shower, etc but it appears to be possible.

I could easily hike it in well under 5 months, you could likely bike it in under 3.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crg
Google says you can bike that in just under 12 days. Of course you'd have to avoid little distractions such as stopping to sleep, eat, use the restroom, shower, etc but it appears to be possible.

I could easily hike it in well under 5 months, you could likely bike it in under 3.
I know I could. Easily. I just want to take longer, if possible. If you had ready any of the thread you would know that I would like to take my time and enjoy the beautiful country.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:24 am
crg
American Expat

I know I could. Easily. I just want to take longer, if possible. If you had ready any of the thread you would know that I would like to take my time and enjoy the beautiful country.
I actually read the entire thread, but was too distracted thinking about how your visa application was going to get shot down that I forgot about how *badly* you wanted the visa.

The consular officer will likely disregard that bit of information as well.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crg
I actually read the entire thread, but was too distracted thinking about how your visa application was going to get shot down that I forgot about how *badly* you wanted the visa.

The consular officer will likely disregard that bit of information as well.
What's the point in being an arsehole? I just wanted some advice
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

I got one very easily when I applied. Just explained how I wanted to visit all these great places in the US - bit of BS there - and how 3 months wasn't going to cut it, showed I had the cash to do it for 6 and that was that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.