Wikiposts

b2/k1 problem

Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b2/k1 problem

Originally Posted by anony_1
Hi,

I would like some advice as to what to do in my current immigration problem. I have made a huge error of judgement and it is clearly going to come back to bite me.

I made an application for a b2 visa, the reasons for travel were valid ie for tourism purposes. However, I declined to mention that I know someone in US, when I actually do. The reasons I didn't mention the person are personal. We started talking over the internet last year in May and we met this year in January. Fast forward a few months now, this person wishes to marry me and apply for a K visa. I think me not mentioning their name on the b2 visa application, which by the way, was refused anyway, will cause major problems. How do I get around this?
It should not be a problem.

In the future, you should post your K-1 related questions in the US Marriage-Based visa forum.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 13th 2010 at 4:30 am. Reason: changed "will" to "should"
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:37 am
Just Joined

anony_1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It should not be a problem.

In the future, you should post your K-1 related questions in the US Marriage-Based visa forum.

Rene
I am sorry.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:56 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for that little bit of confidence. I suppose I am just worried that they will ask why I didn't put him on the any persons I know in US, list in the B2 application. I honestly did not think it was even necessary to supply his details.

I think I will be able to cope with the rest of the hurdles because I know my reasons for getting married to him are genuine. I have no need for a green card lol If he lived in Zimbabwe, i'd move there..
I strongly doubt the B2 will even come up.

You'll get there - you are genuine and you are doing it the right way. Have your fiance sign up for BE too so he can come on and ask questions about his end of things (the I-129F petition). That way you can both come to the site and use the resources available to help you with your application.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry.
No problem, you got moved to the right place now.

Welcome to BE.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I strongly doubt the B2 will even come up.

You'll get there - you are genuine and you are doing it the right way. Have your fiance sign up for BE too so he can come on and ask questions about his end of things (the I-129F petition). That way you can both come to the site and use the resources available to help you with your application.
That is actually a really good idea. I'll speak to him tonight and get him to register. Otherwise, i'll just set up an account for him so that he knows he can use it to ask as many questions as he wants and get some guidance on filling out the application form.

Just to give you a quick update, given that the B2 was refused and I am in a state of panic, we are most likely getting a lawyer to help with the next visa application.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:21 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That is actually a really good idea. I'll speak to him tonight and get him to register. Otherwise, i'll just set up an account for him so that he knows he can use it to ask as many questions as he wants and get some guidance on filling out the application form.

Just to give you a quick update, given that the B2 was refused and I am in a state of panic, we are most likely getting a lawyer to help with the next visa application.
Normally, you would not need a lawyer for a K1, but in your case, due to your difficulty getting close when you meet, it might be worthwhile at least getting a consultation, if only to put your mind at ease.

Last edited by SultanOfSwing; Apr 13th 2010 at 6:28 am. Reason: clarity
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally, you would not need a lawyer for a K1, but in your case, due to the circumstances making a meeting prohibitive, it might be worthwhile at least getting a consultation, if only to put your mind at ease.
we met this year in January
If you become a Brit by naturalising in the UK, do you become a Yank by naturalising in the US?

A bit worrying.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Normally, you would not need a lawyer for a K1, but in your case, due to the circumstances making a meeting prohibitive, it might be worthwhile at least getting a consultation, if only to put your mind at ease.
I looked through the paperwork and it doesn't seem too daunting, but I think having a lawyer helping out will give me peace of mind. I contacted one yesterday and I mentioned this B2 issue..I did tell him that I failed to mention my fiance's name. He aahh'd and umm'd which got me even more worried. I spoke to a few solicitors today and some legal advisors and they said that it shouldn't be an issue really.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
If you become a Brit by naturalising in the UK, do you become a Yank by naturalising in the US?

A bit worrying.
I'd assume so, although I am not too worried about naturalising over there. As long as I get some kind of spouse residency, I am cool with that.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:33 am
I have a comma problem

A bit worrying.
I'm sure it's something they bring up at the oath ceremony
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

A bit worrying.
Why is it worrying?
I missed something...

I spoke to a few solicitors today and some legal advisors and they said that it shouldn't be an issue really.
Are those people US immigration attorneys? If not, I don't see how their opinion matters..
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:22 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by meauxna
Why is it worrying?
I missed something...
I thought it was just a joke! We had been talking about the OP naturalising as a British Citizen earlier in the thead and both she and I referred to her as naturalising as a Brit.

I often say to people that 'I've applied to become a Yank' as a bit of a laugh - but I'm sure the govt will prefer to keep referring to me as 'limey'
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SOS,

What's this about "circumstances making a meeting prohibitive"?

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:26 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Not anymore. These days you become a yanq.

Cheers, JEff

Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:30 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
SOS,

What's this about "circumstances making a meeting prohibitive"?

Regards, JEff
The OP mentioned earlier that their respective religious/cultural backgrounds made it difficult to be close with each other when they meet (paraphrased because I can't scroll back far enough in this screen).

My post was a badly worded bag of shite! I went back and edited it to try to make it more sensible.

Sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.