Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 denied a year ago, but now ESTA got approved

B2 denied a year ago, but now ESTA got approved

Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

bzulaks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 denied a year ago, but now ESTA got approved

hi guys thanks in advance..
well let me get straight to the point ..
i live in hongkong and its been almost 9 years that i am here ......i had a NEPALI passport with which i applied b2 visa on jun 2010 and was denied .. and the immigration officer said i was not strongly stated in hongkong and that i cud apply again in the future if i liked....(i thought they say this to all ppl) anyway...
i recently changed my citizenship to UK and now i am uk citizen living in hongkong ... my ESTA was approved and i honestly answered the questions to the ESTA application that my visa was denied a year ago ... strangely and gladly my ESTA got approved...
now my Question is what sorts of question sud i expect at the airport from the cbp officers ... will the b2 visa denied a year ago with my different passport affect my trip to usa with a british passport?? ?

i am 26 years old i have a friend in usa and i have a permanent job here in hongkong and i own an apartment
thank you very much for the advices in advance ,,,
cheers!!!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 denied a year ago, but now ESTA got approved

Originally Posted by bzulaks
hi guys thanks in advance..
well let me get straight to the point ..
i live in hongkong and its been almost 9 years that i am here ......i had a NEPALI passport with which i applied b2 visa on jun 2010 and was denied .. and the immigration officer said i was not strongly stated in hongkong and that i cud apply again in the future if i liked....(i thought they say this to all ppl) anyway...
i recently changed my citizenship to UK and now i am uk citizen living in hongkong ... my ESTA was approved and i honestly answered the questions to the ESTA application that my visa was denied a year ago ... strangely and gladly my ESTA got approved...
now my Question is what sorts of question sud i expect at the airport from the cbp officers ... will the b2 visa denied a year ago with my different passport affect my trip to usa with a british passport?? ?

i am 26 years old i have a friend in usa and i have a permanent job here in hongkong and i own an apartment
thank you very much for the advices in advance ,,,
cheers!!!
Now that you have an approved ESTA, you are allowed to come to the US POE and seek entry on the VWP. There is no way to know what they will ask at the POE, if anything.

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2011, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Now that you have an approved ESTA, you are allowed to come to the US POE and seek entry on the VWP. There is no way to know what they will ask at the POE, if anything.

Rene
so it means i have to go to us like i am going for a visa interview at the embassy ? with all my documents ....well thats scary lol
anyway thanks rene
flying to usa tonight hope they dont give me any hard times...
cheers!!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 11:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bzulaks
so it means i have to go to us like i am going for a visa interview at the embassy ? with all my documents ....well thats scary lol
anyway thanks rene
flying to usa tonight hope they dont give me any hard times...
cheers!!
Well, you might want to bring some proof of your ties to a country outside the USA, but it's not like you're going for a visa interview, no.

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Well, you might want to bring some proof of your ties to a country outside the USA, but it's not like you're going for a visa interview, no.

Rene
its not ? well that reassuring ....
thanks a lot rene i was bit nervous before now i think i dont have to worry much .. tho i will be taking some proofs so hopefully my summer will be in usa rather than back here in hk ...
cheers