B1 visa Tour bus operatior

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 visa Tour bus operatior

Originally Posted by jameyjames
"Tour Bus Operators- Tour bus operators are treated similarly to commercial truck drivers under IFM § 15.5(c)(1)(E). Passengers cannot be transported by a B-1 tour bus driver from one US destination to another. If passengers are dropped off in the US, the tour bus driver must either go back empty or pick up the passengers and transport them back out of the US."

Granted it this Mainly for Mexican and Canadian companies. But it doesn't mention Companies from other countries can't do this.
I suspect that much of your analysis is correct, however per the regulation you cited above, the bus has to arrive with its passengers, and depart with them, so you would, I believe, have to transport the bus on a ro-ro freighter, which is also carrying your passengers. Even if this was possible, and it might be, you'd have to find customers who are willing to add a week to each end of their bus holiday in the US to sail to/ from the US on a car ferry across the North Atlantic.

You need a better business plan. Try buying a used bus in the US and coming over on an E-2 visa.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameyjames
Could UK company use B1 Visa to operate Bus tours in USA and Canada using a B1 visa.
Selling tours only to UK and Europe residents. Would UK bus have to be used (ship it in for 8months at a time) ?
Pick up passengers at USA airport do tour 30 days or 60 and then drive them to CND airport. Tour could include flights price
Or could USA registered bus be used.

B1 visa allows bus tour operators to operate tours provided passengers don't leave the tour in the us or the operation doesn't go between 2 USA desnation. So a bus can drive to USA with passengers but then must return
Are you a Certified International Tour Operator, with authority to Operate Tours to the USA and Canada, or, do you work for one.

I'm about to spend 6 Weeks, hauling Brits, for a Major UK Tour Operator, with my Brand Spanking New Van Hool TX 45.

Jim.
Attached Thumbnails B1 visa Tour bus operatior-van-hool-tx-1.jpg  
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, that is one nice shiny looking bus. Is it yours?
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmallShinyAnt
Damn, that is one nice shiny looking bus. Is it yours?
It has 18,000 on the Clock, of which I just put the last 6,000 on. It is my assigned vehicle for the time-being, with a Sticker Price of around $580,000.

Last edited by Scouse Express; Sep 2nd 2014 at 3:43 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I'm just reading this post, after three weeks of Touring through Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick, Canada.
Ah... my most favorite part of Canada. I lived in NS for 2 years before moving south to Kentucky! I sorely miss the Maritimes and the music.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Ah... my most favorite part of Canada. I lived in NS for 2 years before moving south to Kentucky! I sorely miss the Maritimes and the music.

Ian
$21 for a 12-Pack of Busch Light, at the NSLC, at the Atlantic Grocery Store, in Halifax.

I love the place, but, the Taxes are getting silly.

Jim.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

It has 18,000 on the Clock, of which I just put the last 6,000 on. It is my assigned vehicle for the time-being, with a Sticker Price of around $580,000.
Awesome, even if a little out of my price range. I like that you get a vehicle to assigned. How many miles will you put on doing a tour for 6weeks?
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SmallShinyAnt
Awesome, even if a little out of my price range. I like that you get a vehicle to assigned. How many miles will you put on doing a tour for 6weeks?
I drive approximately 100,000 miles per year. The next few weeks will be leisurely paced. Probably about 1,200 miles, on each of the 4x10 Day Tours, through New England.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

I drive approximately 100,000 miles per year. The next few weeks will be leisurely paced. Probably about 1,200 miles, on each of the 4x10 Day Tours, through New England.
That sounds pretty sweet. Enjoy the roads.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

FYI, I sent a PM to the OP, a few days ago. Still awaiting a response,

Jim.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 12:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, I sent a PM to the OP, a few days ago. Still awaiting a response. ......
He's a bus driver, you may be waiting some time. ..... Then three replies will arrive together.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
He's a bus driver, you may be waiting some time. ..... Then three replies will arrive together.
Yes - My Guts are all over the floor, laughiung here

I can pretty much rule out bringing a vehicle over. Not compliant with US Build Specs and Emissions. Then there is Liability, fuel tax per mile and authority to peorate.

Going into Canada????? A different can of worms, entirely.

Jim.