B1 interview this week

Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 interview this week

Originally Posted by Boiler
For my B2 it was very quick, 3 questions none of which were of consequence, no documentation asked for.

From my observations during the long wait it seems usually a done deal before you get to the window.
That was for a B-2. The OP got a B-1. Might be different.

Rene
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I'm with Ian-mstm on this one.

I'll only believe she got the visa if I see a copy of it stamped in her passport.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
For my B2 it was very quick, 3 questions none of which were of consequence, no documentation asked for.

From my observations during the long wait it seems usually a done deal before you get to the window.
I agree they make a general decision on your application before you get to the window. Unfortunately, they can still change their mind at the window - the less questions, the more promising!
I was added to a "done deal" (in a positive sense) line at my last visit to the embassy but ultimately got turned down knew things were going wrong when my interview started taking too long...
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That was for a B-2. The OP got a B-1. Might be different.

Rene
True, but from what I have seen/heard it is similar and they are usually issued B1/2.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't believe you! I think you're just saying this so that you don't have to admit that things went belly up on you!

Of course, I could be wrong... but I don't think so!
+1
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The interview was probably more of a face-to-face thing... rather than, well... your suggestion!

Now that is a loaded question!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum!

Ian
Just saw this
Old Apr 20th 2012, 12:08 am
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloopjohnb
Well I believe you and I think that is fab!

Not everything is doom and gloom, geez!

I think some people wanted you to fail so badly just to prove them right
Charming! If the OP hadn't read previous 'doom and gloom' about how difficult it is to get a B-2 visa when you're of working age and already eligible for the VWP, she would have continued with her B-2 application, and almost certainly would have been turned down. Then she *may* have experienced difficulty getting another ESTA.

Many people have made the mistake of thinking they can apply for 6 months in the US just because they want to, and the official sources don't do much to dispel this notion. Being denied the visa is annoying, but if you have problems with ESTA afterwards that's a real blow. Most Brits take it for granted that they can travel to the US.

As it stands, the OP was able to redo her application and maximize her chances. I'm surprised she got the visa, but a) I haven't read much about the B-1, and b) maybe the supporting evidence from her company was really convincing. The consulate wouldn't know that it was put together in 3 days, after her initial intention to come for 6 months to be with the boyfriend proved untenable.

I hope the OP is telling the truth; it would be pretty unhelpful for future readers with similar issues if she isn't.

Good for her, if she did get the visa. Isn't her boyfriend a Brit with a green card? Even if they did marry, doesn't it take years for green card holders to sponsor spouses? (If they get married after he became a permanent resident but before he's a citizen, that is?)

Off-topic, but this seems so unfair, when citizens and basically anyone with a visa can move their family over pretty easily.

Last edited by MoshiMoshi; Apr 20th 2012 at 12:13 am.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the OP did get the visa it doesn't guarantee her entry. She's spent a lot of time in the US recently and 'traveling back and forth' in her own words. She may not get beyond the POE.