Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B1 changed to E2 how to apply for extension

B1 changed to E2 how to apply for extension

Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

janetarthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B1 changed to E2 how to apply for extension

Just to clarify & make sure I understand.

If we decided not to go for E2 status renewal in Feb 08 & just tried to get a new 1-94 for 2 years so we could stay to try & sell our properties when/if the market picked up. Because his exsisting EAD expires on the same date Feb 08, he wouldn't get a renewal because we had a new I-94 say until Feb 2010.

Does that make any sense...I hope so.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janetarthur
Just to clarify & make sure I understand.

If we decided not to go for E2 status renewal in Feb 08 & just tried to get a new 1-94 for 2 years so we could stay to try & sell our properties when/if the market picked up. Because his exsisting EAD expires on the same date Feb 08, he wouldn't get a renewal because we had a new I-94 say until Feb 2010.

Does that make any sense...I hope so.
You E-visa has never been issued ..you cant have it renewed

Then his EAD can be renewed ...The status quo
would remain ...

Remember the actual visa just gets you into the country
the I-94 allows you to remain..
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Ray, please try & bear with me.............

I appreciate we don't actually have an E visa We applied for a change of status from B1 to E2 which was granted for 2 years expiring in Feb 2008 the same date as both of our I-94's.

If we apply for a 2 year extension of our I-94's would an extension of his EAD be granted or as I think you may be saying. That if our change of status has expired as in my first paragraph, regardless of the fact that we may have still a valid I-94 they wouldn't let him continue to work.

I hope I've made myself clearer.

Regards
JA
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray, please try & bear with me.............

I appreciate we don't actually have an E visa We applied for a change of status from B1 to E2 which was granted for 2 years expiring in Feb 2008 the same date as both of our I-94's.

If we apply for a 2 year extension of our I-94's would an extension of his EAD be granted or as I think you may be saying. That if our change of status has expired as in my first paragraph, regardless of the fact that we may have still a valid I-94 they wouldn't let him continue to work.

I hope I've made myself clearer.

Regards
JA
If you apply to extend I dont know if they will grant it ..
thats up to them ..but you have little choice ...
if its granted then Hub can renew his EAD

the USCIS seem to be far more lenient than the Consulate ..
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that Ray,

I think our next course of action will be to go to a VA to see if they will try through USCIS to get an extension of our 1-94 & my husband's work permit.

Thanks again for your input & bearing with me.

Regards
JA
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point

An E2 is somewhat different in regards to the application and renewal. You can't just have your I-94 renewed without the USCIS checking evry detail of your business and if it has performed up to your initial application. That means, in order to get your status renewed, you'd have to send in the same application (I-129 with supplement E) and also explain how your business is doing. If you reached your financial goals and so on...You have to provide business data and also a new business plan for the upcoming years...in order to show them that your business is still going strong.

If you have a chance under your ciscumstances...I can't tell. But if it gets renewed, then yes, your husband can also renew his EAD.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ivonne,

That makes our situation even clearer.

Many Thanks

JA

Last edited by janetarthur; Nov 12th 2007 at 1:35 pm. Reason: mis spelling
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by janetarthur : Today at 9:35 am. Reason: mis spelling
Just thought I'd mention that you misspelled "mis spelling"!

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi all, just an update for anybody that's interested.............
Over the past 2 weeks I have been to see 2 different VA's and an accountant.
The result being we are returning to the UK for good in the New Year.

Many thanks to everybody who gave me their support & advise.

Happy Holidays

Best Regards

JA PS Anybody want to buy 4 house????????

Last edited by janetarthur; Nov 30th 2007 at 4:09 pm. Reason: additional info
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

tigress is just really nicetigress is just really nicetigress is just really nicetigress is just really nicetigress is just really nicetigress is just really nicetigress is just really nicetigress is just really nice

From my recent experience and research it would seem that the E-2 initially appears to be a means to an end, but rapidly ends up being an end to your means.

What a pain this all is....
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi all............have booked the flights for our return to the UK in the New Year.Does anyone know of a reasonable shipping firm. I have been quoted $9000!!!!!! for approx 650 cu ft by both Allied & SOS that's seems pretty steep to me. Any suggestions please.........

best regards

JA
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all............have booked the flights for our return to the UK in the New Year.Does anyone know of a reasonable shipping firm. I have been quoted $9000!!!!!! for approx 650 cu ft by both Allied & SOS that's seems pretty steep to me. Any suggestions please.........

best regards

JA

This is not an immigration matter - post in the USA forum (but do a search first as this has been covered numerous times).
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have been quoted $9000!!!!!! for approx 650 cu ft by both Allied & SOS that's seems pretty steep to me.
Take a good hard look at your accumulations and decide how much of it you HAVE to live with?