b1/b2 visa extension question

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 7:06 am
david C.

Hi, my friend want to extend her b1 visa for about two months, and I am helpping her to
file the application, so I would like to confirm my knowlege with visa guru here:
1) Is it the application form should mail to the Vermont center ( I am in Maryland,
east coast)
2) Can I send her daugther's bank statement to prove that the she has finacial support
during the extented stay ?
3) Is it any standard format for the letter that explain the reason of extension ?
4) She already extend her return flight, but how can I show this to INS ?
5) Besides the above mentioned items, Do I miss something else neccessary for B1
extension ?

Thanks. David

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 1:42 am
Ed MacNeil

Hi David,

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER. I DON'T EVEN PLAY
ONE ON TV!

She will need form I-539 which can be downloaded from the INS web site,
<http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/index.htm>. I think the instructions that accompany
this form should answer all of your questions.

Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA

"david C." wrote:

> Hi, my friend want to extend her b1 visa for about two months, and I am helpping her to
> file the application, so I would like to confirm my knowlege with visa guru here:
> 1) Is it the application form should mail to the Vermont center ( I am in Maryland, east
> coast)
> 2) Can I send her daugther's bank statement to prove that the she has finacial support
> during the extented stay ?
> 3) Is it any standard format for the letter that explain the reason of extension ?
> 4) She already extend her return flight, but how can I show this to INS ?
> 4) Besides the above mentioned items, Do I miss something else neccessary for B1
> extension ?
>
> Thanks. David

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 12:42 pm
Alfred

dave,

1. yes (final answer : yes!)
2. include a photocopy of the notarized affidavit of support her daughter provided her
prior to her application for the visa
3. yes, explicitly and be specific (whether it is true or not)
4. include a photocopy of return flight ticket and itinerary 5 follows 4 not 4 again!!!
include the original copy of I-94, a cheque of $120, etc.

alfred

> Hi, my friend want to extend her b1 visa for about two months, and I am helpping her to
> file the application, so I would like to confirm my knowlege with visa guru here:
> 1) Is it the application form should mail to the Vermont center ( I am in Maryland, east
> coast)
> 2) Can I send her daugther's bank statement to prove that the she has finacial support
> during the extented stay ?
> 3) Is it any standard format for the letter that explain the reason of extension ?
> 4) She already extend her return flight, but how can I show this to INS ?
> 4) Besides the above mentioned items, Do I miss something else neccessary for B1
> extension ?
>
> Thanks. David