B1/B2 denied

Old Dec 6th 2016, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

SYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond repute
Default B1/B2 denied

Hi,

I want to share my experience.

I applied for a B1/B2 visa & my wife for a B2 visa at the US embassy
in Paris twice. Both of our applications got refused twice. We applied together each time. Purpose of the visas were to invest money for a future e-2 visa application and vacations.

Our first application was under administrative processing (221g) for 11
weeks then denied under 214B.
The 2nd time our request was refused straight away at the French counsular
office under 214B. Our second interview was held 2 weeks after the first
denial.

We were asked 5 or 6 questions each times, no documents were asked.

Now I feel frustrated and I wonder if I'll be ever able to return to the US.

My ESTA application was denied of course.

Last edited by SYCU; Dec 6th 2016 at 9:23 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1/B2 denied

Were you/wife eligible for the VWP at the time of your first interview?

If so, why did you even bother? :S
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

SYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Were you/wife eligible for the VWP at the time of your first interview?

If so, why did you even bother? :S
Yes we were eligible , but we wanted to stay for 6 months. I was not aware of the consequence of a denial. Biggest mistake of my life, We've been working and saving hard since 2013 for this project.

Now, I don't know what's wrong in our application, could be anything!
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SYCU
Yes we were eligible , but we wanted to stay for 6 months. I was not aware of the consequence of a denial. Biggest mistake of my life, We've been working and saving hard since 2013 for this project.

Now, I don't know what's wrong in our application, could be anything!
It's because you were eligible for the VWP, the second denial was, almost certainly because it was so close to the first. I would strongly suggest leaving things for a year and then trying for ESTA again
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:49 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It's because you were eligible for the VWP
Too much of a simplification. OP should google 214b. At which point OP will scratch his head about how to fix this.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:53 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I want to share my experience.

I applied for a B1/B2 visa & my wife for a B2 visa at the French embassy
in Paris twice. Both of our applications got refused twice. We applied together each time. Purpose of the visas were to invest money for a future e-2 visa application and vacations.

Our first application was under administrative processing (221g) for 11
weeks then denied under 214B.
The 2nd time our request was refused straight away at the French counsular
office under 214B. Our second interview was held 2 weeks after the first
denial.

We were asked 5 or 6 questions each times, no documents were asked.

Now I feel frustrated and I wonder if I'll be ever able to return to the US.

My ESTA application was denied of course.
read this to understand why your visa petition was denied, all about the 214b.

214(b)
Old Dec 6th 2016, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for a B1/B2 visa & my wife for a B2 visa at the French embassy In Paris ...
Sorry, but my inner pedant compels me to point out that, Paris being in France, there is no "French embassy" in Paris and that, even if there were, French embassies do not process U.S. visa applications ...
Old Dec 6th 2016, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

read this to understand why your visa petition was denied, all about the 214b.

214(b)
I did read alot about 214b and 221g.
I know I was refused because i don't have strong ties in my home country, but what does that means ? Since consular officers asked only few questions at the interview and I don't know what are the information they have access to.

Should I buy a property instead of renting, should I be employed in company instead of being a self employed in a service business ? CO could still think my income is not enough to be a strong ties though.

I own a rental property in the US maybe they saw that, I filled our ITIN numbers...
Old Dec 6th 2016, 9:38 pm
Concierge

I did read alot about 214b and 221g.
I know I was refused because i don't have strong ties in my home country, but what does that means ? Since consular officers asked only few questions at the interview and I don't know what are the information they have access to.

Should I buy a property instead of renting, should I be employed in company instead of being a self employed in a service business ? CO could still think my income is not enough to be a strong ties though.

I own a rental property in the US maybe they saw that, I filled our ITIN numbers...
That certainly would cause a red flag, it would look like you were intending to arrive and then stay. You certainly would need much stronger ties to your own country, everything you have written would be a grave cause for concern to the visa people, no ties, both wanting to go, having a property already in the US, no wonder you were denied.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That certainly would cause a red flag, it would look like you were intending to arrive and then stay. You certainly would need much stronger ties to your own country, everything you have written would be a grave cause for concern to the visa people, no ties, both wanting to go, having a property already in the US, no wonder you were denied.
I agree, SYCU has few ties to France and more substantial ties to the US, and to top it off the reason for applying for the B-1/B-2 was to buy a business so that SYCU could live in the US. For the purposes of applying for a non-immigrant visa, it could hardly be worse.

In any case you should have been satisfied with the VWP which was almost certainly freely available to you, and which is a privilege that most people in the world don't have the luxury of using. Wait 6-12 months and try for an ESTA next time.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 6th 2016 at 10:03 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I agree, SYCU has few ties to France and more substantial ties to the US. For the purposes of applying for a non-immigrant visa, it could hardly be worse.

In any case you should have been satisfied with the VWP which was almost certainly freely available to you, and which is a privilege that most people in the world don't have the luxury of using. Wait 6-12 months and try for an ESTA next time.
Yes I'm gonna wait and try an ESTA application, I'll keep you informed on that
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that on ANY future application, you must answer the question of 'Have you ever been denied a US visa?', and you have, twice! Any other attempt to avoid this question could have even worse connotations and could seriously risk your chances of ever getting into the USA, even if it's just to visit the house of mouse.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

I'm considering an application for an immigration program in NB, Canada.

I still want to re-apply for a B1 and then an E2, but does applying for Canada would hurt my case for future US visas application ?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm considering an application for an immigration program in NB, Canada.

I still want to re-apply for a B1 and then an E2, but does applying for Canada would hurt my case for future US visas application ?
No.

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... does applying for Canada would hurt my case for future US visas application ?
No, applying for a Canadian visa has no bearing on applying for a US visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.