B1/B2 changed??

Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

tom2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1/B2 changed??

i heard today that when you enter with a B1/B2 you can not stay for 6 month anymore?

Now they can also just give you 30 days or a week stamped in your passport?

is this true?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1/B2 changed??

Originally Posted by tom2013
i heard today that when you enter with a B1/B2 you can not stay for 6 month anymore?
Whoever told you that is an idiot. A 6-month entry is still the norm.

Now they can also just give you 30 days or a week stamped in your passport?
This has always been true. How long you are allowed to stay in the US is entirely up to the CBP officer at the POE... but, generally, you'll get 6 months.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

thanks a lot. I want to see some properties and differents states, i have for whole family incl kids a b1/b2 visa. so normally it must be no problem to stay the 6 months?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:48 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Be clear, your family already all have B2 visas in their passports?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

yes me ,my wife and my kids all have a b1/b2 visa in our passport. valid till 2023
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... so normally it must be no problem to stay the 6 months?
Normally, it's not a problem... correct.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

thanks a lot
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Heard where? From who?

Regards, JEff
i heard today ...
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Heard where? From who?
From the Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"...

"Who decides that the workday is from 9 to 5, instead of 11 to 4? Who decides that the hemlines will be below the knee this year and short again next year? Who draws up the borders, controls the currency, handles *all* of the decisions that happen transparently around us?"

He probably heard it from "them"!

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, OK then. As long as it wasn't "that man behind the curtain". Ignore him.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
He probably heard it from "them"!

Ian
Old Jul 11th 2013, 7:04 am
Just Joined

I heard it on Tv .It was a tv progam where people moved to USA and the son was thinking to come after on a B1/B2 and stay for 6 months and when he came at border controll he got 30 days and then they explained that it was changed.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:26 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Just because its usually 6 months, dosent mean it CAN'T be 30 days. The period of entry is totally at the determination of the officer at PoE.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

... when he came at border controll he got 30 days and then they explained that it was changed.
Nothing has changed. The officer can allow him to enter for 1 day, 30 days, 6 months, or not at all... it's entirely up to the officer!

If the son was told that things changed, then you need to know that the officer lied to him. The officer is allowed to lie.

I suggest you stop watching TV.

Ian
Old Jul 11th 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Yeah Ian maybe i should LOL
Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

the 30 day thing was an idea that came up a few years back by politicians
it never went anywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.