B1/B2 changed??

Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1/B2 changed??

Originally Posted by tom2013
I heard it on Tv .It was a tv progam where people moved to USA and the son was thinking to come after on a B1/B2 and stay for 6 months and when he came at border controll he got 30 days and then they explained that it was changed.
It was quite likely that the purpose of the sons trip did not warrant any more than the 30 days given, and that is in accordance with 9 FAM 41:31 N3.1 and perfectly valid and legal.

The period of time projected for the visit must be consistent with the stated purpose of the trip.

The above statement could result in the person requesting entry to the US could be given a period longer than 6 months, 6 months or any period less than. As also mentioned, they could be denied. However they can not be denied without sufficient reason, suspicion alone is not a valid reason to deny entry, if the person requesting entry has a valid itinerary proving intent to leave
Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

tom2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

To say it clear , none of us is denied to enter or stay 30 days.

I saw it on tv and thought i put it here as a question ,as it confused me.

I want to go with my family and kids for 6 month to usa to see some properties and businesses.

Because of this investment i wanna make ,the whole family got a B1/B2 Visa ,after they checked my business here in europe.

It took 7 weeks to get the visa for me ,my wife and my kids.

So we are going in september over and now i was conserned as we made all our plans already and prepared everyting to get the most out of the 6 months.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:04 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

But again, just because you 'prepared everything to get the best out of the 6 months' dosen't mean that you will get the 6 months. You will have to satisfy the Officer that that period of time is appropriate.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I expect that you are going to be allowed a 6-month stay. That is the norm, and it hasn't changed (except for a relatively brief period after Sept 11, 2001).

From the IFM, Section 15.4(b)(2):
Terms of admission: Maximum admission is 1 year. If admissible, a B-2 is generally admitted for 6 months.
Special notes:
(A) Minimum admission period. Unless specifically authorized by a supervisory inspector, the admission period shall be no less than 6 months.

Regards, JEff

So we are going in september over and now i was conserned as we made all our plans already and prepared everyting to get the most out of the 6 months.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

tom2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I expect that you are going to be allowed a 6-month stay. That is the norm, and it hasn't changed (except for a relatively brief period after Sept 11, 2001).

From the IFM, Section 15.4(b)(2):
Terms of admission: Maximum admission is 1 year. If admissible, a B-2 is generally admitted for 6 months.
Special notes:
(A) Minimum admission period. Unless specifically authorized by a supervisory inspector, the admission period shall be no less than 6 months.

Regards, JEff
Thanks Jeff

I appreciate it.

I think there will be no problem as we come to bring money to te country

joke! We really have a lot prepared and sure it will be on the officer, but i think also that it is important what reason you have to come in.

we want to invest and going back and wait for the EB-5 Visa in our country. we have no intension to stay there illegal as we have our business here too ,what need to be up and running.

it took us a lot of preparing to get only 6 month free and out of business
and kids free of school.

I understand how many people try to get in and overstay and staying illegal .

we will see ,but i have now no concerns no more.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

we want to invest and going back and wait for the EB-5 Visa in our country. we have no intension to stay there illegal as we have our business here too ,what need to be up and running.
When you get to the border, answer only the questions asked. If you are asked, "Do you know what time it is?" there are only 2 correct answers: "yes" or "no".

Do not volunteer information not specifically asked for. Don't tell the officer that you want to invest in the US unless he specifically asks you whether or not you are going to invest in the US.

Ian