B1/2 Visa Question

Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

RIDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1/2 Visa Question

Hi All

I have recently applied for and been granted a 10 year B1/2 visa by the US Consulate due to having a conviction from years ago. I am taking my girlfriend to New York for New Year but then also returning back to the UK then back to USA in two weeks to visit a friend in Alaska for 1 month. Does anyone think I will have a problem with 2 visits in a short time?, I have tried and got everything done properly by the Visa etc and have employment letters from my work and an invitation from my friend in Alaska.

I read so many stories about people getting refused it worries me a little sometimes.

All comments gratefully received, thank you
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B1/2 Visa Question

I am assuming that you have not been a recent regular visitor.

I can not see why you would have any issues.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RIDD
Hi All

I have recently applied for and been granted a 10 year B1/2 visa by the US Consulate due to having a conviction from years ago. I am taking my girlfriend to New York for New Year but then also returning back to the UK then back to USA in two weeks to visit a friend in Alaska for 1 month. Does anyone think I will have a problem with 2 visits in a short time?, I have tried and got everything done properly by the Visa etc and have employment letters from my work and an invitation from my friend in Alaska.

I read so many stories about people getting refused it worries me a little sometimes.

You should be fine. Remember you are just a tourist with nothing to hide.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:13 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RIDD
Hi All

Getting a 10-year B-1/B-2 visa with a conviction on your record is pretty good evidence that they aren't really worried about you. Twelve years after my convictions I still only got a 3-year B-1/B-2.

I can't imagine you'll have any problems. Just be nice to the officer at the POE
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

RIDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Getting a 10-year B-1/B-2 visa with a conviction on your record is pretty good evidence that they aren't really worried about you. Twelve years after my convictions I still only got a 3-year B-1/B-2.

I can't imagine you'll have any problems. Just be nice to the officer at the POE
Thank you to all who replied, feeling better already, merry xmas and new year to you all!
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:04 pm
Kevin Keane

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

RIDD wrote:

>
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have recently applied for and been granted a 10 year B1/2 visa by the
    > US Consulate due to having a conviction from years ago. I am taking my
    > girlfriend to New York for New Year but then also returning back to the
    > UK then back to USA in two weeks to visit a friend in Alaska for 1
    > month. Does anyone think I will have a problem with 2 visits in a short
    > time?, I have tried and got everything done properly by the Visa etc
    > and have employment letters from my work and an invitation from my
    > friend in Alaska.
    >
    > I read so many stories about people getting refused it worries me a
    > little sometimes.
    >
    > All comments gratefully received, thank you
    >

First of all, make sure that your visa is multiple entry. Since it's for ten
years, odds are that it is multiple entry - but you should make sure.

Two visits in a short time can sometimes raise red flags, but if you have a
plausible explanation and can convince the admitting officer that there
won't be a third visit in the near future, you shouldn't have a problem.

- --
Please visit my FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com before asking a question here.
It may answer your question. Remember, I am strictly a layperson without
any legal training. I encourage the reader to seek competent legal counsel
rather than relying on usenet newsgroups.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFDrHRf2STeoAchQDkRAjPQAJ9cBte2aimF+BHuGOAzMd 5hHApHkACgm4Md
YH2LR6ZyOXzJ4lmSfKl5klY=
=yoCJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----