B-2 and AOS

Old May 27th 2001, 1:00 pm
Lisa

I entered US on B-2 visa and after a month and a half I got married to my boyfriend
because I got pregnant.(We first met 4 years before when I was a student here).
Approximately two months after we got married I went back to my home-country. We
agreed that eventually my husband will come live there with me and our baby. He came
for a short visit and then flew back to the US. After that I came to visit him on B-2
visa. At the time I was 6 months pregnant. I had no intentions to stay past the two
weeks that my plane-ticket was valid for.( I told immigration officer that I was here
for two weeks ) I wanted to give birth back in my home country because at the time my
husband was unemployed and had no medical insurance. But in the course of my two-week
stay I had to reconsider our decision to go back to my home-country. All of a sudden
I got a serious infection and my husband said that he is not going to let me go back
until I get better and the baby is born. So I stayed. Until the last moment of my 6
months stay I was hoping that we will return to my home-country, but my husband was
against it, so about two weeks before my visa expired we applied for AOS. Do you
think my AOS is jepordized? I don't want to be apart from my family.

Old May 27th 2001, 2:44 pm
paulgani

Classic 30/60 day rule scenario, where your statements at the POE contradicted what
you actually did. Since you filed AOS way past the 60 day mark, you'll be fine.

Paulgani

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >