Wikiposts

Awaiting permanent Green Card

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Amir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really nice
Default Awaiting permanent Green Card

Hi everyone,
I got my two year conditional green card over two years ago. I filed form I-751 late last year to remove condition on residence. I did the biometrics, and I got a confirmation from them that they have my forms and they asked me to wait for upto 12 months (as of start of this year).
I've been checking their on-line waiting list and have noticed that the current processing date is already passed the date my application was received (Jan 5th of 2007). So I wonder how long will it take for my permanent green card? Anyone with similar experience?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Awaiting permanent Green Card

Originally Posted by Amir_R
Hi everyone,
I got my two year conditional green card over two years ago. I filed form I-751 late last year to remove condition on residence. I did the biometrics, and I got a confirmation from them that they have my forms and they asked me to wait for upto 12 months (as of start of this year).
I've been checking their on-line waiting list and have noticed that the current processing date is already passed the date my application was received (Jan 5th of 2007). So I wonder how long will it take for my permanent green card? Anyone with similar experience?
Make an infopass appointment if your worried
but a 9 month wait is not uncommon ...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:31 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Make an appointment. They have been known to lose files..... But then again, if the timeline is passed for the conditional, it's unlikely now the un-conditional won't be granted, regardless of the conditions. Sleep tight....
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Amir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really nice

Thanks for your replies.
I called the USCIS help line and the guy checked my mailing address and few other things, then he said I just have to wait. He advised that as I've been given upto 12 month extension, I should wait until the end of it. But he could explain not to me why they are already processing applications past my date.
I guess I just have to wait for now.

Last edited by Amir_R; Jul 23rd 2007 at 8:33 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:37 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Same boat, mine was filed the I think without looking in my briefcase 10/03/06
I might be a day or 2 out but thats it close enough.

I will give it another month my extention letter is good until the end of October.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies.
I called the USCIS help line and the guy checked my mailing address and few other things, then he said I just have to wait. He advised that as I've been given upto 12 month extension, I should wait until the end of it. But he could explain not to me why they are already processing applications past my date.
Hi Amir,

If you are getting close to the 1-year extension letter running out, and you still haven't gotten your 10-year green card, and you need to travel out of the USA, you can can make an InfoPass appointment to get the I-551 stamp in your passport. Make sure to bring proof of your travel plans.

Rene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Amir,

If you are getting close to the 1-year extension letter running out, and you still haven't gotten your 10-year green card, and you need to travel out of the USA, you can can make an InfoPass appointment to get the I-551 stamp in your passport. Make sure to bring proof of your travel plans.

Rene
Hi Rene,
I see you got your 10-yr card already. Congrats to you and hubby!

I did ask the helpline guy about traveling out of the US and he advised that I take the extension letter with me. So that should be fine.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

But he could explain not to me why they are already processing applications past my date.
Maybe your namecheck?
But it's true, there is nothing to do but wait.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene,
I see you got your 10-yr card already. Congrats to you and hubby!

I did ask the helpline guy about traveling out of the US and he advised that I take the extension letter with me. So that should be fine.
I have been out of the US 3 times since my card expired and only had the extention letter never had any problem at all you will be fine.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Same boat, mine was filed the I think without looking in my briefcase 10/03/06
I might be a day or 2 out but thats it close enough.

I will give it another month my extention letter is good until the end of October.
Poppy,
I got email notification that my new card is being processed!
I put an update on this link thread.
You filed before me. Not sure what state you are. But you can check the application status online if you have a receipt number using this link:
case status
Or you can check the current processing times using this link:
processing times
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:17 am

Poppy,
I got email notification that my new card is being processed!
I put an update on this link thread.
You filed before me. Not sure what state you are. But you can check the application status online if you have a receipt number using this link:
case status
Or you can check the current processing times using this link:
processing times
Oh bless your heart that was nice of you to think of me! but you cannot get updates online for the I-751 filing its not possible anyway I have posted a bit since then and have for now resolved the problem.

Thank you
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bless your heart that was nice of you to think of me! but you cannot get updates online for the I-751 filing its not possible anyway I have posted a bit since then and have for now resolved the problem.

Thank you
Yes, you can. It just takes a while to get in the system. We could check our status after the check was cashed.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:28 am

Yes, you can. It just takes a while to get in the system. We could check our status after the check was cashed.

Rene
Sorry I should say the final outcome interview date etc well thats what they told me yesterday!
I have an update but only saying that my case has been filed the officer said that they would never give a final decission online!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:48 am

Sorry I should say the final outcome interview date etc well thats what they told me yesterday!
I have an update but only saying that my case has been filed the officer said that they would never give a final decission online!
The last notice I got for the I-751 online was "card production ordered", which is a good sign of approval. lol

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:52 am

The last notice I got for the I-751 online was "card production ordered", which is a good sign of approval. lol

Rene
lol well does not surprise me one bit after all the miss info I have had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.