I'm new to the site.
I have started the e2 visa process.
01st June started the application
5th July paperwork received at London embassy
15th July case was logged
5th August more information requested
15th August extra paperwork received at London embassy

Now I'm waiting on my interview date.
Does anyone know how long the embassy wait is.and what the next process is.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

gwensvilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Awaiting e2 interview in London

A friend had an rfe..heard back within approx 10 days..interviews were available from about 3 days out..then 3 to 4 days for passport. ..good luck.. (I am an e2er )
Old Sep 1st 2016, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

Must love dogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my visa interview invite on 31st August
Appointment at London was today 01st September (very late notice)

Got to the embassy lined up and got my number at 7:45.
Finger prints and passport were taken off me within 20 minutes of being there
Then I wait 2hrs for the interview.

The interview was going really well, until she told me that one of the e2 visa requirements is that the business is not marginal. And based on the currents owners tax returns he was making of a loss of a couple of hundred dollars each year. She told that the business could be viable.

So she refused me with: 'investment is more than a marginal one solely for earning a living' and told me that, that was it for today (how rude) � ����

Did not want to listen to how I can turn to business around or the marking ideas I had.

Now I'm having to re-group and see about maybe trying for a b visa instead.

Does anybody have any thoughts. � ����
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have any suggestions, but, if you don't mind me asking, what was the business?
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

It was a 6 year old janitorial company based in Orlando fl
Sales were $58.653 with increase each year.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Must love dogs
It was a 6 year old janitorial company based in Orlando fl
Sales were $58.653 with increase each year.
"Sales" were $58,000? ..... How are you proposing to live on the net profit?
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

I sincerely hope you had an exclusion written into your purchase contract 'subject to visa approval'.
Did you provide a business plan with your marketing ideas in with the application? If so they would/should of already seen that.

Last edited by Twigstar; Sep 1st 2016 at 7:16 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

She asked me about my ideas, but was not interested at all about what marketing or other services I would provide.
I had a really good business plan, financials, planning on getting into private home cleaning, vacation home cleaning, I had already had a website ready to go it all depended on the result today.

There were 7 of us there today me and another guy got refused

Yes I had the clause, no e2 visa I get all my money back.

I just started to look again on the BBF and the business is back on. With the phrase "should qualify for e2 visa"
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

She asked me about my ideas, but was not interested at all about what marketing or other services I would provide.
I had a really good business plan, financials, planning on getting into private home cleaning, vacation home cleaning, I had already had a website ready to go it all depended on the result today.

There were 7 of us there today me and another guy got refused

Yes I had the clause, no e2 visa I get all my money back.

I just started to look again on the BBF and the business is back on. With the phrase "should qualify for e2 visa"
The usual rule of thumb for an E-2 is investments of $200,000 and up, more is definitely better.

A business with sales of $58,000 in a mature market sector (the US has all the cleaning and janetorial services it needs) was never going to support an E-2. It would need to have been grossing (sales) of $300,000 and netting at least $100,000. At $58,000 it is barely even what USCIS calls "a subsistence business", and they specifically exclude those from eligibility for an E-2.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So she refused me with: 'investment is more than a marginal one solely for earning a living'...
I believe this is correct.

... and told me that, that was it for today (how rude)
Did you want her to hug you and tell you everything would be okay? That's not what they do.

Does anybody have any thoughts.
Why are you so desperate to get to the US?

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2016, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody have any thoughts.
My thoughts are to stop and take several deep breaths. Then take professional advice because you clearly set off on a track which had no chance of success and have finished up in a worse situation.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

Well I have taken deep breaths. And I decided that I going to try again,

I'm not going to give up on my dreams after reading your rude comments on here and you should know who you are.
To the people that reach out to me with you good advice and referrals. I do appreciate it.
No matter how long it takes I will find the perfect business for me, with the real help and advice for the people that matter.
A forum is a helpful place and not a place for bullying
Old Sep 5th 2016, 2:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have taken deep breaths. And I decided that I going to try again
Wishing you all the best.

I'm not going to give up on my dreams after reading your rude comments on here and you should know who you are.
Of course you shouldn't give up on your dreams. And no one was rude here.

To the people that reach out to me with you good advice and referrals. I do appreciate it.
You're very welcome.

No matter how long it takes I will find the perfect business for me, with the real help and advice for the people that matter.
I assume you mean "help and advice FROM the people that matter" (such as accountants and immigration attorneys).

A forum is a helpful place and not a place for bullying
Totally agree. Thankfully no one on this thread has bullied anyone.

Thread closed.

Rene