Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Average Time between Citizenship Interview and Ceromony.. Philadelphia

Average Time between Citizenship Interview and Ceromony.. Philadelphia

Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:13 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Default Average Time between Citizenship Interview and Ceromony.. Philadelphia

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of either the average wait time between the Citizenship interview and the Ceromony in Philly or a resources thats available online showing the current wait time after sucsessful interview. The interview's on May 12th and am wondering if there is ANY chance the ceromony coul be around May 25th.... which would just the icing on the cake as it's my birthday and I couldn't think of a better way for this LONG journey to be finally over (a month shy of 3 years for the Citizenship app )
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average Time between Citizenship Interview and Ceromony.. Philadelphia

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of either the average wait time between the Citizenship interview and the Ceromony in Philly or a resources thats available online showing the current wait time after sucsessful interview. The interview's on May 12th and am wondering if there is ANY chance the ceromony coul be around May 25th.... which would just the icing on the cake as it's my birthday and I couldn't think of a better way for this LONG journey to be finally over (a month shy of 3 years for the Citizenship app )
Hello there...I've often wondered how you were.

Congratulations...you're almost there.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:41 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Average Time between Citizenship Interview and Ceromony.. Philadelphia

Thanks Jersey.

I had the interview (for the one that was based on marriage to the ex) November last year and they rejected the app saying I'd have to reapply under the 5 yr rule (why he couldn't just cross out the 3 yr box and check the 5 yr box I have no clue lol). He also said that I could appeal and would have a good case but the appeal is only slightly cheaper than the new app and would take longer. Hardly seemed worth the fight!

Within 3 hrs of getting home, the new app had been filled out, paperwork collected and it was in the mail

Roll on May 12th I can't wait!!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

W:

Different offices have varied average times ranging from a few weeks to months. Look around the web for N400 timelines localized in your area for estimates.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jersey.

I had the interview (for the one that was based on marriage to the ex) November last year and they rejected the app saying I'd have to reapply under the 5 yr rule (why he couldn't just cross out the 3 yr box and check the 5 yr box I have no clue lol). He also said that I could appeal and would have a good case but the appeal is only slightly cheaper than the new app and would take longer. Hardly seemed worth the fight!

Within 3 hrs of getting home, the new app had been filled out, paperwork collected and it was in the mail

Roll on May 12th I can't wait!!!!!

You sure got lucky...I'm glad things are falling into place for you.