Attorney recommendations for EB1

Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Ady11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attorney recommendations for EB1

Hi all, I am considering an EB1 extraordinary ability petition and have just started looking for legal advice. So far I have spoken with the office of Chris Ingram Esq of Breakthrough USA. They made it sound very simple and I'm thinking it sounds too good to be true. Basically they said that I already meet the leading role criteria and would have to satisfy two more categories, and that I could do this by having two articles published by me and two articles about me in professional publications. I'm familiar with the other categories (awards etc) but they said this would be the easiest to achieve quickly.

Since the EB1 requires not just satisfying the 3 criteria but also proving that I have risen to the top of my field, this seems a little flimsy to me.

Does anyone have advice on this situation or attorney recommendations to share? I will definitely be getting second and third opinions before committing, given the hefty legal fees.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9th 2015, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attorney recommendations for EB1

Perform an advance search for threads started by GeoffM who obtained an EB1 immigration visa for his journey.

He also posted replies for people enquiring about EB1 immigration visas. Therefore do an advanced search for posts by GeoffM with the keyword EB1 for possibly more information.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

My husband had a successful eb1a petition (and now visa) granted. We used Chris Ingram as our attorney. Happy to help if I can.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:41 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

J Craig Fong

When I was in practice, I was amazed at how often clients under-estimated how wonderful they truly were. I recall one EB-1 where Korean client indicated that there was this German woman who might, perhaps be able to attest to his credentials. Well, this woman was a professor at UCLA present in the US on an O-1 visa and she was just thrilled my client was in the US, he was one of the finest experts in her field and her work was based on his.

I also recall another case where client was clearly a strong "national interest waiver" EB-2 case and a weak but credible EB-1. We filed TWO petitions. The EB-1 was approved in very short order and the EB-2 generated the RFE from Hell.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beat me too it.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Untitled 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just submitted my I-140, under eb1a extraordinary ability. The lawyer came through my employer they seemed good but I'm not sure how good. I guess I'll find out in a few months.

Happy to answer any questions around gathering the supporting evidence. It's a real effort but I'd already done most of the work for my O1 a few years ago.