The Arrival!

Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Arrival!

hello fellow Brits in America!! I've joined the party!! Im here in Eureka - and its cold and raining and just like England!

Arrived yesterday - it was very emotional I must say - with me of course staring as the heroine being shipped off to a far flung country never to be seen again

After all my worries about ESTA it was really smooth checking in (thro my tears of course) On Virgin you can take up to 10 extra cases - I took 2 extra - first case was 40 pound (damn no pound sign on this computer cos its American!) and the second (and everyone after that up to 10) was 90 pound.

Going thro immigration at SFO was another worry - carrying my brown envelope. For those of you who are worry worts like me - my advice is DON'T WORRY!! it was so so easy and pleasant - they wished me congrats on my forthcoming wedding and welcomed me to USA!

I posted a few weeks ago about what would happen to my cases - hmm they were all there going round and round on the carousel ---all very painless and a good experience.

Felt very displaced last night and wanted to get on the first plane back but more normal today. Now got a wedding to plan for next weekend!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if I could do it all again knowing what i know now I would have my fiance come over to be with me the last week - it was a lonely feeling being at the airport alone once i got thro security....would have been a bit of support and somone to help with the cases!!

So I guess the journey continues....
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:31 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Arrival!

The £ on my computer is option - 3. It's probably somewhere on your machine, just slightly hidden.

oh, and welcome.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:03 am
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Now got a wedding to plan for next weekend!
Welcome to CA and good luck with your wedding!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the US.

To display a £ sign using a US keyboard, you need to press and hold the ALT key and type 0163 on the keypad and then release the ALT key.

You can also down load a program such as the following and define a function key (F1-F12) to act as a £ key when that function key is pressed.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ion-Keys.shtml

The above program is free and will allow you to define function keys F9-F12. If you use that program, I would recommend that you don't change F10 or F12.

Last edited by Michael; Mar 18th 2011 at 4:41 am.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:40 am

Isabel_7 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello fellow Brits in America!! I've joined the party!! Im here in Eureka - and its cold and raining and just like England!

Arrived yesterday - it was very emotional I must say - with me of course staring as the heroine being shipped off to a far flung country never to be seen again

After all my worries about ESTA it was really smooth checking in (thro my tears of course) On Virgin you can take up to 10 extra cases - I took 2 extra - first case was 40 pound (damn no pound sign on this computer cos its American!) and the second (and everyone after that up to 10) was 90 pound.

Going thro immigration at SFO was another worry - carrying my brown envelope. For those of you who are worry worts like me - my advice is DON'T WORRY!! it was so so easy and pleasant - they wished me congrats on my forthcoming wedding and welcomed me to USA!

I posted a few weeks ago about what would happen to my cases - hmm they were all there going round and round on the carousel ---all very painless and a good experience.

Felt very displaced last night and wanted to get on the first plane back but more normal today. Now got a wedding to plan for next weekend!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if I could do it all again knowing what i know now I would have my fiance come over to be with me the last week - it was a lonely feeling being at the airport alone once i got thro security....would have been a bit of support and somone to help with the cases!!

Welcome and wishing you happy days ahead.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
The £ on my computer is option - 3. It's probably somewhere on your machine, just slightly hidden.

oh, and welcome.
The shift 3 is the # key on a US keyboard.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the US! Glad to hear you made it safely, I know it's hard at first but you'll settle in sooner than you think

Good luck with planning your wedding!

RG
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:05 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and congrats!!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:26 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Now put your pyjamas on and get off down to Walmart.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:23 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Your User ID makes me think of this song, often. Not sure why!

Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and a big warm welcome !
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Welcome to the US.

To display a £ sign using a US keyboard, you need to press and hold the ALT key and type 0163 on the keypad and then release the ALT key.

You can also down load a program such as the following and define a function key (F1-F12) to act as a £ key when that function key is pressed.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ion-Keys.shtml

The above program is free and will allow you to define function keys F9-F12. If you use that program, I would recommend that you don't change F10 or F12.
Wish it did but not on my laptop I usually copy and paste.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

CTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Michael
....To display a £ sign using a US keyboard, you need to press and hold the ALT key and type 0163 on the keypad and then release the ALT key.....
AMAZING!! Have lived here 10 years and have been typing GBP on a weekly basis!!!
I love this forum
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CTland
AMAZING!! Have lived here 10 years and have been typing GBP on a weekly basis!!!
I love this forum
Alt 156 works for me.

££££
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

CTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Alt 156 works for me.

££££
Doh...one digit less and I have already emailed the whole family love it
££££

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.