Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Approved I-130 and Visa Number Assigned by NVC

Approved I-130 and Visa Number Assigned by NVC

Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

milenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nice
Smile Approved I-130 and Visa Number Assigned by NVC

Hello there,

We are very happy because our I-130 petition was approved on Aug. 3rd and on the 24th the Visa Numbers was assigned by the NVC!!!

I was reading the instructions of what to do next and it seems like the process has changed a little bit... could anyone explain to me?

How can I expedite it a little bit? I understand that they will send a package to my husband in Brazil and he has to fill out and return it to the NVC however mailing times to Brazil could take forever, if it gets there.... any idea?

Thank you all for your support during this process!!!

I really appreciate it!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved I-130 and Visa Number Assigned by NVC

Originally Posted by milenasantos78
Hello there,

We are very happy because our I-130 petition was approved on Aug. 3rd and on the 24th the Visa Numbers was assigned by the NVC!!!

I was reading the instructions of what to do next and it seems like the process has changed a little bit... could anyone explain to me?

How can I expedite it a little bit? I understand that they will send a package to my husband in Brazil and he has to fill out and return it to the NVC however mailing times to Brazil could take forever, if it gets there.... any idea?

Thank you all for your support during this process!!!

I really appreciate it!
I thought NVC would send those things to you, the USC, since one of them is the I-864 and the USC is the one who needs to fill that out. Eventually NVC will forward his file to Brazil, and they will send your husband his visa application paperwork.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

milenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nicemilenasantos78 is just really nice

Hi Rene,

Yes! Parts will come to me and others to him... the process seems to be long... but I guess it is just the way they present it.

The first thing he needs to do is to assign an agent... here is what it says:
  1. Assigns a case number to the petition.
  2. Send Form DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent, to the applicant and the Affidavit of Support processing fee bill to the petitioner.
  3. After the applicant selects an agent, the NVC will send the immigrant visa processing fee bill to the agent. Note: The agent does not need to be an attorney.
  4. After the immigrant visa application processing fee has been paid, the NVC will send instructions to the agent, which explain the Applicant Document Process.
  5. After the Applicant documents are submitted to the NVC, the NVC will review the information submitted for technical correctness and completeness.
  6. After the Affidavit of Support processing fee is paid, the NVC will send an instruction letter to the petitioner, which explains the Affidavit of Support Process.
  7. After the Affidavit of Support documents are submitted to the NVC, the NVC will review the information submitted for technical correctness and completeness.
  8. After reviewing the submitted documentation, and the file is complete with all the required documents, the NVC will send the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete. For certain embassies/consulates, the NVC will schedule the applicant's interview. Approximately one month before the applicant's scheduled interview appointment with a consular officer, all interested parties (applicant, petitioner, and third-party agent, if applicable) will receive an appointment letter containing the date and time of the applicant's visa interview along with instructions for obtaining a medical examination.

We have all his paperwork ready including the medical exams. He went to an "immigration doctor" authorized by the American Consulate in Rio! Everything is ready. I have the AOS completed as well and we are ready to pay all the fees but I am not sure if we should just send it to the NVC or if we should wait for the "official instructions" and the envelope....

Thank you,

Milena
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We have all his paperwork ready including the medical exams. He went to an "immigration doctor" authorized by the American Consulate in Rio! Everything is ready. I have the AOS completed as well and we are ready to pay all the fees but I am not sure if we should just send it to the NVC or if we should wait for the "official instructions" and the envelope....

Thank you,

Milena
You need to wait for the next step from NVC before proceeding. You can't send NVC things ahead of time.

What do you mean by "I have the AOS completed"? There won't be any AOS involved with your husband's immigration. He is coming on an Immigrant Visa, and will become a PR upon entry to the USA. No AOS involved for him.

Rene
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rene,

Thank you! I am really confused now...

It says on the process that the petitioner needs to complete the Affidavit of Support... so I got the form and I have it ready with all the documentation for back up that is required for that...

If that is the case, (NO AOS) then it should be a little faster and less expensive...

Soooo confusing!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:22 pm

Hi Rene,

Thank you! I am really confused now...

It says on the process that the petitioner needs to complete the Affidavit of Support... so I got the form and I have it ready with all the documentation for back up that is required for that...

If that is the case, (NO AOS) then it should be a little faster and less expensive...

Soooo confusing!
It's OK to have the I-864 and backup ready ahead of time. Now all you have to do is wait for NVC to request it, then you can send it in.

That's correct, no AOS for people coming on Immigrant Visas.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You need to wait for the next step from NVC before proceeding. You can't send NVC things ahead of time.
This hasn't really been discussed here much.. but there actually is a way you can send things to the NVC slightly ahead of time. Users of this method report that they cut the NVC time down to 2 months.
google 'James Shortcuts'. Make sure you're using 'v2' (find posts from this year) and make sure you understand each step before you start it.. basically you can micromanage the NVC by calling a lot and finding out when certain notices have been generated, and print your own barcodes or something.

I don't necessarily advocate this, but it is out there.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the information. I will research on that... let's see what I find out. Quick question: you say: make sure you are using "v2" what does that mean?

Thank you once again....
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the information. I will research on that... let's see what I find out. Quick question: you say: make sure you are using "v2" what does that mean?

Thank you once again....
The Shortcuts have been updated since they were first written.. v2=Version 2 I guess. Just look for posts from this year--the more recent version the better (hint: try at visajourney in the NVC forum)
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks once again!!!

I will try that! I will keep you posted...

Have a great day!

Milena
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point

I am pretty sure the OP meant 'Affidavit of Support' by AOS.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's OK to have the I-864 and backup ready ahead of time. Now all you have to do is wait for NVC to request it, then you can send it in.

That's correct, no AOS for people coming on Immigrant Visas.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by khai ko
I am pretty sure the OP meant 'Affidavit of Support' by AOS.
Oh, ooops. That didn't even occur to me. To the OP, if you meant "Affidavit of Support" by your AOS comment, then yes, of course you will need to do an Affidavit of Support for your husband.

Usually, on this forum, AOS = Adjustment of Status.

Sorry for the confusion,
Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Congratulations!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,
Now, I am going to find out if he can come to the US and wait for this process here... it seems that it will still take a couple of months more...
The NVC number is soooo bad... you can't reach an agent... it keeps transferring you back to the automated system after 5 minutes waiting...
Thank you,
Milena
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:07 pm

Hi there,
Now, I am going to find out if he can come to the US and wait for this process here... it seems that it will still take a couple of months more...
Milena
He can certainly try to come visit you while you guys wait for it to process through NVC, but you know eventually it will go to Brazil, and he will need to be there in Brazil to receive mail from the US embassy there, he will need to get his medical done in Brazil and attend his interview there.

There's nothing to "find out" really...he would just come to the USA as a visitor, stay as long as he's allowed, and then return to Brazil to finish the visa process.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.