Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Appointment not showing on AIS Visa Portal

Appointment not showing on AIS Visa Portal

Old Apr 6th 2021, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

mark720b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appointment not showing on AIS Visa Portal

Hi,

I had an appointment to get a L1 -B Intra Company Visa booked for August last year and it was cancelled due to Covid. Since it has been cancelled, I have been checking the portal on the calendar to see if anything is available and nothing shows. I have colleagues that are going through the same process and can see appointments, albeit it very far in the future (2022 etc). I emailed the consulate in Belfast and they said as I was declaring something on my criminal record from yesteryear that this was the reason why it is not showing for me. I emailed and asked if there was anything I could do and they said when that type of appointment comes up it will show. I further emailed and just got referred to the FAQ pages which were not helpful or specific.

I have been checking this portal for over 6 months now and I get the feeling I am not going to see anything appear. I have a B-1 Visa and have went through the process of obtaining the inadmissibility waiver as it was a minor charge. The problem I am facing is it seems I am at the bottom of the pile, and that will continue. Does anyone else have a similar experience? I am trying to get the Visa appointment from both the London and Belfast offices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark