Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Applying for Tourist visa for parents while their I-130s pending

Applying for Tourist visa for parents while their I-130s pending

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Tourist visa for parents while their I-130s pending

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
Mum also had to fill out her own Alien form that came from the Embassy.Dont know why, since they already had one at NVC that must have been passed over. Also the medical and interview date come from Embassy not NVC.
The DS-230 has 2 parts--I think the NVC only sends the Agent part I and the applicant brings Part II to her interview.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Applying for Tourist visa for parents while their I-130s pending

Originally Posted by khai ko
I understand that if the petitioner in the US is selected as the agent in DS3032 forms, NVC will send the I-864 fee bill, I-864 package and the IV fee bill to the agent. But in that case who will they send the DS-230 (application for immigrant visa and alien registration) form to? the US petitioner or the overseas beneficiary?
Hi,

They sent me a DS-230 and then when Mum got her Embassy pkt she also filled the same thing in again.
No idea why.
Good luck with it all.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Besides the medical if your parents live in a part of the world that does police clearances they will need to apply for that as well. In some countries it takes weeks or months of obtain so they might well want to start on that now.

Also you might want to look at the US Consulate's website in that country to see what they require before an interview is granted. This way you can get your parents a head start on things.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point

Great advice everyone. Thanks for all your help.

Another question..my parents had visited US about 20 years ago on J-1/J-2 visa. Will they be required to provide their old (expired) passports with their old visa stamp on them when they go to the embassy for their upcoming immigrant visa interview?

I doubt that they can locate their old passports after 2 decades..