Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Applying for immigration of mother

Applying for immigration of mother

Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:32 am

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for immigration of mother

Originally Posted by Ray
She could ..and have no problem at all.. but why look for trouble ..
My feelings too. I don't need the hassle of applying for a waiver if she gets turned around, to say nothing of the heartache it would cause her and the kids if they were all expecting to see one another. Just thought I'd ask in case I was being paranoid...

Originally Posted by Ray
Have you checked out Medical Insurance......
Yep. It's not going to be funny. She'll have some savings when she sells her house which will help when the inevitable rainy day comes. Cost of healthcare? Frightening. Giving your mum a break and making it possible for her to watch her grandkids grow up? Priceless.

This is a lady who's been a giver all her life. This is a lady who spent the last two decades, come rain, hail, or shine (and mostly it was freezing rain) selling bacon sarnies to truckers from a trailer on the side of a road. She deserves a little more than growing old alone...

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Last edited by Scarlett-Dallas; Feb 19th 2007 at 4:36 am.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas
Yep. It's not going to be funny. She'll have some savings when she sells her house which will help when the inevitable rainy day comes. Cost of healthcare? Frightening. Giving your mum a break and making it possible for her to watch her grandkids grow up? Priceless.
I cant get health Insurance ... and my day in hospital cost $8000
its a nightmare ...
Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas
My feelings too. I don't need the hassle of applying for a waiver if she gets turned around, to say nothing of the heartache it would cause her and the kids if they were all expecting to see one another. Just thought I'd ask in case I was being paranoid...

This is a lady who's been a giver all her life. This is a lady who spent the last two decades, come rain, hail, or shine (and mostly it was freezing rain) selling bacon sarnies to truckers from a trailer on the side of a road. She deserves a little more than growing old alone...

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Hi,

Is your Mum going to be living with you all ?
Good Luck.
Hopefully the sale of her house will help with Money and her pension from the Uk might cover Health Insurance.
Then i guess the best bet is for her to become a citizen after 5 years and then she can pay for medicare, still expensive but we all need something.

Take care.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I cant get health Insurance ... and my day in hospital cost $8000
its a nightmare ...
Some states (Illinois for example) have programs where if you can't get insurance, and are a USC or legal permanent resident, you can buy the insurance from the state. Approx 1.3 times the cost of the average private insurer. Also works if you could get insurance, but it'll cost more than the above.

I don't know if the states you and Scarlett are in have such a program, but there could be a program in existance. Apparently, a lot of people are unaware of them.