Wikiposts

AOS submission questions

Old May 7th 2002, 5:10 pm
William Dagenha

Default AOS submission questions

Hi,

We are preparing to submit the I-485 for AOS. We just married and my wife has a K1
visa and her son has a K2 visa.

Is the vaccination supplement required for the initial submission or is it something
needed at the interview or am I confused and it is not needed at all?

It seems silly to submit it now since nothing has changed since the K1 interview. She
will get her third hepatitus B shot late in the summer. That will be the only thing
that will be different in the next few years.

Do we submit the I-485 to the local District office, Chicago?

I read somewhere that the Advanced Parole application must be submitted separately
later and in person in the Chicago office. Is it true?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks David and Natasha

Old May 7th 2002, 11:40 pm
Des

Default Re: AOS submission questions

Congratulations on your marriage!

For K-1 marriages, another medical is usually not needed for AOS. When filing the
paperwork in person at your local office (Chicago), just make a point of telling them
about this just in case something has changed. You can also read up on AOS
experiences at www.kamya.com.

Unfortunately, I do not know AP applications are handled by this office - we just
brought our along when filing all the paperwork together in Boston, but then we also
had plane tickets for a date three weeks later.

- Des

Old May 8th 2002, 1:40 am
Fishy Baby

"William Dagenhart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Is the vaccination supplement required for the initial submission or is it
    > something needed at the interview or am I confused and it is not needed at all?
    >

The vacination certificate is not required for the AOS. In fact I don't think it's
needed for anything at all? I just completed my removal of conditional status and
received my proper 10 yr GC in the mail. I am yet to send evidence that I ever had my
vacinations. ?!?!?!?

I originally had my vac's done when I went for my medical prior to the interview in
London. I could have waited to do the vacs but decided to get everything done in one
go. Of course the medical was necessary to get the K1 visa but I have never shown
anyone proof of having my vacinations done.

Does anyone know when this comes in to play? Anyone ever had to show them? I've
basically finished the process (except for getting Naturalized) and never needed
them. What a waste of money :-Þ

Jo aka FishyBaby Around the K1 World In 97 Days www.k1.freeservers.com

Old May 8th 2002, 4:40 am
Shelley

You are correct about the Chicago filing procedures - you will submit both sets of
I-485 AOS paperwork (and one or two I-765s if either of them wish to work) by
certified mail - that way you have a receipt of them receiving it. Then you will
receive a grocery store style receipt - it is very small, but it your only proof of
having filed the documents so keep it safe. You can then submit an I-131 for each of
them in person, you should have a copy of the "grocery store style" receipt with each
application - but take the original with you when you apply. Take Care. Shelley

"William Dagenhart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are preparing to submit the I-485 for AOS. We just married and my wife has a K1
    > visa and her son has a K2 visa.
    >
    > Is the vaccination supplement required for the initial submission or is it
    > something needed at the interview or am I confused and it is not needed at all?
    >
    > It seems silly to submit it now since nothing has changed since the K1 interview.
    > She will get her third hepatitus B shot late in the summer. That will be the only
    > thing that will be different in the next few years.
    >
    > Do we submit the I-485 to the local District office, Chicago?
    >
    > I read somewhere that the Advanced Parole application must be submitted separately
    > later and in person in the Chicago office. Is it true?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks David and Natasha
    >
    >
    >