Wikiposts

AOS interview result

Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:04 am
Hope

Default AOS interview result

Hi all,
As I've promised, here I am sharing with you my AOS interview result.
This morning I had my AOS interview in the Cherry Hill sub-office in
NJ. We waited for less than 10 minutes and the interview itself took
about 30 minutes. The officer asked quite a few questions and in the
end, she approved my case. However, there is no greencard or stamp yet
because my FBI name check has not been completed. :-(
I was told that the FBI name check could be cleared in just a matter of
days, but there is a possibility of taking much longer as well, though
unlikely. The only thing I can do now is waiting.
Another thing the officer told us was that by the time I will be filing
the I751, all the immigration offices in this country will be extremely
busy due to the immigration reform. So she unticipate that the I751
will take longer time to process. She suggested that if I plan to
become a US citizen, I apply for the citizenship without waiting for
the result of I751, in case that I haven't heard back from them about
the I751 result by the time of having been a greencard holder for three
years.
Hope above info will benefit you as well if you will be in the same
situation.
By the way, does anybody know how long it normally takes for the FBI
name check (in NJ) to complete. The officer said usually it took 6
months. In my case, 6 months have already passed.
Hope

Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:12 am
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: AOS interview result

Originally Posted by Hope
Hi all,
As I've promised, here I am sharing with you my AOS interview result.
This morning I had my AOS interview in the Cherry Hill sub-office in
NJ. We waited for less than 10 minutes and the interview itself took
about 30 minutes. The officer asked quite a few questions and in the
end, she approved my case. However, there is no greencard or stamp yet
because my FBI name check has not been completed. :-(
I was told that the FBI name check could be cleared in just a matter of
days, but there is a possibility of taking much longer as well, though
unlikely. The only thing I can do now is waiting.
Another thing the officer told us was that by the time I will be filing
the I751, all the immigration offices in this country will be extremely
busy due to the immigration reform. So she unticipate that the I751
will take longer time to process. She suggested that if I plan to
become a US citizen, I apply for the citizenship without waiting for
the result of I751, in case that I haven't heard back from them about
the I751 result by the time of having been a greencard holder for three
years.
Hope above info will benefit you as well if you will be in the same
situation.
By the way, does anybody know how long it normally takes for the FBI
name check (in NJ) to complete. The officer said usually it took 6
months. In my case, 6 months have already passed.
Hope
Welcome to the WAIT CLUB. We are waiting for the FBI Name Check on my husband to be completed. My husband's AOS was last december, and he had his fingerprints done in May, but we are still waiting. So sit back, kick off your shoes, relax and enjoy the wait.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Re: AOS interview result

Originally Posted by carolf
Welcome to the WAIT CLUB. We are waiting for the FBI Name Check on my husband to be completed. My husband's AOS was last december, and he had his fingerprints done in May, but we are still waiting. So sit back, kick off your shoes, relax and enjoy the wait.

How do you know you are waiting on an 'FBI Name Check' ??. I ask as I had my AOS interview about 3 weeks ago and was told by the immigration officer who approved my case that I would have my Green Card in 1-2 weeks. It has now been 3 weeks and my on-line I-485 status still has not been updated to my approved status. I know its a little early to get concerned but I was thinking maybe my delay is also due to this name check also...
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrDub
How do you know you are waiting on an 'FBI Name Check' ??. I ask as I had my AOS interview about 3 weeks ago and was told by the immigration officer who approved my case that I would have my Green Card in 1-2 weeks. It has now been 3 weeks and my on-line I-485 status still has not been updated to my approved status. I know its a little early to get concerned but I was thinking maybe my delay is also due to this name check also...
They usually tell you at the interview if they are still awaiting security checks/background checks/FBI name checks.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:39 am
Account Closed

We were told at the AOS that all they were waiting for was the FBI name check before they could issue the Green Card.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
They usually tell you at the interview if they are still awaiting security checks/background checks/FBI name checks.

Rene
Exactly!!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:45 am
Account Closed

I would have thought the Immigration Officer who interviewed you would have told you if your name check was still on hold. Did'nt you get a stamp in your passport? If not, then I would imagine your FBI name check is still on going. Sometimes it takes a while, mostly your name check is cleared within weeks. No need to feel nervous at all. My husband is getting nervous though, he has been waiting since last December for his green card.

Its easy to get depressed or deflated waiting for the green card to come, your mind starts imagining things, trying to reason out the delay. Believe me, we have been through all that.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Its easy to get depressed or deflated waiting for the green card to come, your mind starts imagining things, trying to reason out the delay. Believe me, we have been through all that.
Also, my understanding is that it is not the security checks themselves that take so long. It's getting the results to the right person at USCIS and then getting it entered into their data. Evidently that is the part that takes so long.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

I would have thought the Immigration Officer who interviewed you would have told you if your name check was still on hold. Did'nt you get a stamp in your passport? If not, then I would imagine your FBI name check is still on going. Sometimes it takes a while, mostly your name check is cleared within weeks. No need to feel nervous at all. My husband is getting nervous though, he has been waiting since last December for his green card.

My I-485 is based upon marraige to a US citizen. At my interview all I was asked to bring was the letter inviting me to the meeting and my passport....not even my wife, medical files etc etc !. They told me following the interview (about 3 questions) that my case had been approved. They did not offer to stamp my passport or give me any other info except that i would receive my Green Card within 1-2- weeks. Sounds like I am going to have to make another appointment (a biiigggg sigh...). I dont suppose writing them a letter would work ? - could I expect a response or dont the immigration offices respond to letters ??.

I dont mind waiting a couple of months for the green card but I dont want to wait and then find out there was a problem early on !
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:09 am

My I-485 is based upon marraige to a US citizen. At my interview all I was asked to bring was the letter inviting me to the meeting and my passport....not even my wife, medical files etc etc !. They told me following the interview (about 3 questions) that my case had been approved. They did not offer to stamp my passport or give me any other info except that i would receive my Green Card within 1-2- weeks. Sounds like I am going to have to make another appointment (a biiigggg sigh...). I dont suppose writing them a letter would work ? - could I expect a response or dont the immigration offices respond to letters ??.

I dont mind waiting a couple of months for the green card but I dont want to wait and then find out there was a problem early on !
Most officers don't offer to stamp the passport. My alien husband didn't get his stamped until I asked the officer if she could do so. She sounded surprised but said, sure, if you have it with you, I can stamp it...and she did. But she didn't offer it herself.

I doubt if a letter will produce any results. I'd wait a while longer, and then go in person via Infopass to make an inquiry.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:58 am
Hope

Thanks so much for your reponse!
I was told by the officer that my FBI name check was still on going.
She said that she had a list of names (she actually showed me a piece
of paper with those names on under her key board) of those who were
still waiting for the FBI background check result and she'd been
checking the status every day for them. She'd put my name on the list
and she'd continue to check each day until Sep (she will transfer to
another office in Sep). She gave me an envelop with her office address
on and told me that if I don't hear anything from them by Sep, I should
write a letter to push every two months.
So, if you are still waiting for FBI name check to be completed and
have been waiting for more than a couple of months since your AOS
interview, I'd suggest that you either call or write letters to push.
The office said that if nobody was checking it for me, it's likely that
my file would get lost somewhere. So, definately take action!
Hope