Wikiposts

Anyone see a problem with this?

Old Jun 16th 2003, 12:21 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone see a problem with this?

My USC husband and I currently live in London. I went with him to visit his parents for a week 19th April. Now we are going to see them again 1st August. It's a surprise--they're only expecting hubby not me as well. I am flying back 5th August, hubby is staying until the 18th.
Obviously it's always a little dodgy visiting the States when married to a USC as they might suspect immigrant intent. I'm particularly worried because (trying to see their way of looking at it) if I'd stayed 90 days from April, I could have gone back to the UK for just 2 weeks before coming again.
That is not the case of course. As proof we have my hubby's UK visa (permanent,) my return ticket, the fact I am only bringing 4 outfits, plus to be sure I'm going to bring my credit card statement since I got back last time showing nearly all transactions were in the UK (apart from one US internet purchase and 2 purchases from trips in France and The Netherlands).
I am by nature a worrier. Am I being silly? I'm really looking forward to surprising my mother-in-law who I get on really well with and i'd hate to get turned back by an over-zealous immigration officer.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Reading your post.. I would have never thought of it as a problem until I joined this NG and started reading all the nightmare stories!

One of my Welsh friend's mom comes to visit all the time. A lot of times she comes in and out of the country w/in 90 day time periods.

Sounds like you have more than enough proof to show you haven't been living in the US.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 7:57 pm
Dom

Default Re: Anyone see a problem with this?

It's easy to say, but try not to worry. The officials can be
intimidating but I've always found them to be friendly and helpful
(except for Chicago).
As far as I'm aware, you need to be able to prove intent to return to
the UK. Either a mortgage statement and, if you are employed, proof
of employment is usually sufficient.
In the highly unlikely event that the immigration officials start
asking questions, just have the above with you and you should be ok.

The only caveat is..as always, the final decision on your entry rests
with the official at the port of entry.

Good luck.