Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone recently got their Parole Card (I512/ employment authorization card)?

Anyone recently got their Parole Card (I512/ employment authorization card)?

Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone recently got their Parole Card (I512/ employment authorization card)?

Originally Posted by iaink
No kidding, Reams of paper wasted on this so far between the 485 forms and the medical questionnaire. And they have changed the forms mid application so much of it sent more than once now. Plus one letter from USCIS per person per form, so for us 12 letters at a time where one would do. Still, keeps the bureaucrats off the streets I suppose.

While you are applying as a family for adjustment of status, each application, supportive documentation and auxiliary document/application is actually an individual application and oft times with family adjustments not all members will receive notifications, approvals or cards at the same time.

I still have the binders I setup for hubby's K-1 visa, adjustment of status, employment authorization, advance parole, (EAD and AP were not part of the AOS process back them but separate with separate fees) removal of conditions and ultimate naturalization. Each binder was a godsend as it simplified having to remember what was sent at the time of applying. Also simplified where the Canadian divorce papers were, the American divorce decree, German birth certificate and Department of State Birth Borne Abroad documents are. Hubby has been a US Citizen now for over 15 years but still have the binders. Never know when or if I will need something at the time of his demise in the future and I have to return his body to Greenwood, NS for burial.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone recently got their Parole Card (I512/ employment authorization card)?

I don't know if this is wholly relevant but an ordinary EAD without AP, so not the combo card, arrived about 3 weeks after receiving notification of I-787 approval, between June and July of this year.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm pretty sure robtuck meant to say "months".

Rene
I did indeed, thank you. My quest for efficiency has unintended consequences!
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

JosiesJourney is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what you mean re 'combo' but I had my approval notice in late March where we were just going into lockdown and then got the EAD card two weeks after the notice. Processing center was Vermont I think. Although the whole wait from application to approval notice was 4.5 months.
Hope it arrives soon!
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Como is when one card covers both AP and EAD.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

MariaKW is an unknown quantity at this point

We received our AP/EAD cards about 2 or 3 weeks after notification of approval. This was May, so well into our new covid world.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

capin is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our combos in April.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 6:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. I'm still waiting. They are up in Canada in quarantine still, but I hope they arrive soon! No change in the online status, still just says approved, nothing about cards being made or anything like that.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 7:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What will you do if the date on the AP is after the date they left the USA?

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2020, 3:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

What will you do if the date on the AP is after the date they left the USA?

Rene
Is there any reason to think it would be anything other than the July 8th date on the electronic notification of approval?

Just found a bit on the USCIS site that says NOTE: Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 120 days to receive your new card.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 11th 2020 at 3:45 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 7:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Is there any reason to think it would be anything other than the July 8th date on the electronic notification of approval?
No particular reason, just thinking of worst case scenario. Better to be prepared, just in case. We have always advised not to leave the USA until you have the AP in hand, just in case.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2020, 8:25 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

No particular reason, just thinking of worst case scenario. Better to be prepared, just in case. We have always advised not to leave the USA until you have the AP in hand, just in case.

Rene
Unfortunately that was not an option, life had been on hold for too long already, and Thing 1 needed to be delivered to college by a particular date with all her cr....stuff with her
Old Oct 15th 2020, 6:02 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Let me try to close the loop on this. Unfortunately, and this is important to know, USCIS WILL NOT SEND the AP/EAD combo card until AFTER you have attended biometrics. (wish my lawyers had known this titbit)
In my case the timeline was Early July "approval" notice, Late August Biometrics appointment, card issued the next day and received a week or two later.

Meanwhile my oldest daughter was safely delivered to RMC Canada in Kingston by my wife, having also received "approval" notices in July. Of course, the biometrics appointments arrive for my wife and other child after they left the country, so these had to be rescheduled, and in our ignorance we were hoping in vain the combo cards would arrive so they could be sent on to smooth their return to the US. We didnt know any different at that point. FWIW the rescheduled biometrics recently came though for early Nov, so a 2 month delay more or less.

On the plus side they have been enjoying spending time back in Canada, nicer climate, fall colours, less covid insanity, with the unforseen benefit that Covid has allowed them access to canadian healthcare again, which sure beats paying through the nose for US doctors to be A: Expensive, B: Crap and C:Not really interested in curing people so they can continue to milk their cash cow. (I digress...)

As of today they "just" have to get back into the US from Canada without the advanced parole card... more money for i-193 waiver form and hope the border guards are in a good mood and let them in based on their approved status in the system. If that doesn't work its back to Canada for another 14 days quarantine, followed by withdrawing the current application, entering again on their existing "TD" visa, and resubmitting the change of status from scratch.

So if you wouldn't all mind keeping your fingers crossed while they head to the border tomorrow it would be appreciated cos I dont think I can take going back to square one again....

Oh, and yes, the online status reporting still cycles through each step. i765 application received 2/24 , application approved 7/8, fingerprints 8/31, card ordered 8/31, card mailed 9/1.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 15th 2020 at 6:14 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is automatic visa revalidation if they have been gone for less than 30 days, not sure how it works with a non immigrant visa category. Which also begs the question of entering ona TD with intent to adjust.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

At least you have your EAD/AP card iaink. Yes - fingers crossed. As i'm sure you know the TN technically doesn't allow for dual intent. I'm guessing by extension this applies to a TD. I think existing TNs and TDs do not have to be 'fresh' applications for those statuses, depending on the border guard. I suppose you would be correct in assuming worst case, the application would to be withdrawn completely and restarted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.