Anyone knows about EB5

Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone knows about EB5

Originally Posted by Awesome Welles
Not relevant to my situation, but I assumed it would be per Ray - i.e. you were effectively buying a green card and could pretty much wave farewell to your EB-5 investment money.
Must be nice to be able to write-off half a mill.....
Not so bad if its husband wife and four kids ...
unlikely to be any cheaper way
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Not so bad if its husband wife and four kids ...
unlikely to be any cheaper way
A couple of years ago in particular, it seemed like a bit of a bargain in some ways.

The exchange rate made it around 250,000 pounds and house prices in the UK were insane.

So throw that money toward greencards and settle on a house toward the South and in the middle with 3 or 4 bedrooms for the $250K range.

So you spent $750K or 375,000 pounds (about the same as a 3 bed detached in Surrey), and all setup for a life in the US with at least the possibility of getting a fair chunk of that back.

If set on a life in the US and like Ray said, got a couple of kids too, I can think of worse ways to move here.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

peeza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by porvera
Try a search of this forum. Lots of good post's and information from EB-5 investors.
Hi Porvera.. I visited jay peak resort some time back and interested in their phase 3 project. I read some of your posts here. Have you applied for 826? were you able to remove conditions on your GC?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

We have applied to have the conditions removed but this was only done recently. Other investors in phase 1 (which we are in) have had their conditions removed so am hopeful to get the same.

As with all EB5 visas, the object is to create jobs and I know that at Jay Peak literally 100's of full time jobs have been created.

Will update as and when we hear back.

Porvera
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Thank you!! The work that is going on over there is really good. I visited the resort on a weekday and the place was full with visitors. The construction is also going on in a full swing.

I also visited CMB-Mccellan park in sacramento. I am still deciding between the two.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Have you looked at the Florida regional centre?

www.eb5florida.com

looks interesting i think although i dont know anyone who has used them.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

I checked their website. I dont see any completed projects. Not sure whether they have got any i526 approvals for investors.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by peeza
I checked their website. I dont see any completed projects. Not sure whether they have got any i526 approvals for investors.
As i understand it they have had i526 approvals.

Interesting concept as the fund is managed by professional fund managers.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:16 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

You all seem to be talking about the immigrant investor centers, is that what the OP was actually interested in as EB-5 is much broader than that?

Anyway I was intrigued by the comment that you could lose all your money, my understanding was that no-one has to date. Anyone know anything to the contrary?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I was intrigued by the comment that you could lose all your money, my understanding was that no-one has to date.
Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't... or couldn't. As they say when investing in the stock market: past performance is not indicative of future performance.

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:38 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly there's a risk you could lose your money, I was wondering if anyone actually had. Or lost a portion of it.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not think there have been enough exiting to make a comment either way.

I would say it was slightly riskier than many. On average.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't... or couldn't. As they say when investing in the stock market: past performance is not indicative of future performance.

Ian
With EB5, past performance is limited both in information and relevance. What is more relevant going forward is the financial intricacies/risks of each scheme relevant to its industry and the overall national economy. Whilst these investments are made by a limited number of domestic US investors, a far greater number subscribe from Europe and in particular China etc.

For what its worth the UK Financial Services Authority would class an EB5 investment as a sophisticated and complex investment, clearly high risk bordering on speculative. Most investors won't meet the definition of sophisticated investor and therefore are taking a high risk unless they do their homework comprehensively or get a third party to do it.

I'm not aware of anyone who has lost their money yet but we live in difficult times......
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by im9907620
With EB5, past performance is limited both in information and relevance. What is more relevant going forward is the financial intricacies/risks of each scheme relevant to its industry and the overall national economy. Whilst these investments are made by a limited number of domestic US investors, a far greater number subscribe from Europe and in particular China etc.

For what its worth the UK Financial Services Authority would class an EB5 investment as a sophisticated and complex investment, clearly high risk bordering on speculative. Most investors won't meet the definition of sophisticated investor and therefore are taking a high risk unless they do their homework comprehensively or get a third party to do it.

I'm not aware of anyone who has lost their money yet but we live in difficult times......
What's your point? None of what you wrote disputes what I wrote... although it tries to imply that it does.

Ian
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Anyone knows about EB5

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What's your point? None of what you wrote disputes what I wrote... although it tries to imply that it does.

Ian
No offence meant Ian; there is no dispute in what you wrote but I was merely widening the point (as a warning if you like) from first hand experience.

Most people tend to assume that an EB5 project is just another stock or share or unit trust...the reality is far greater than that and for those investing money from a house sale or even using their pension fund, that decision is massive.....which is why I make the point that the FSA categorise an EB5 investment as a complex investment. How many prospective investors understand stocks and shares let alone a complex foreign investment but are still prepared to make that EB5 investment, often with little or no understanding other than a burning desire to get to the US!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.