Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone Have their Interview Thur 24th May and received their visa back?

Anyone Have their Interview Thur 24th May and received their visa back?

Old May 29th 2012, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

bunker1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Have their Interview Thur 24th May and received their visa back?

Hi

Has anyone on here had their Visa interview last Thursday and received their Visa back?

I know someone the week before had their interview on the Thur and got their visa on the Tuesday, But i know Monday was a US Bank holiday so i take it they dont count that day?

Hopefully i will receive tomorrow.

thanks
Old May 30th 2012, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Have their Interview Thur 24th May and received their visa back?

Originally Posted by bunker1985
Hi

Has anyone on here had their Visa interview last Thursday and received their Visa back?

I know someone the week before had their interview on the Thur and got their visa on the Tuesday, But i know Monday was a US Bank holiday so i take it they dont count that day?

Hopefully i will receive tomorrow.

thanks
Have you got a tracking number with the Courier service? you could check to see if they have received it and where it is. However until the courier has it you will be left waiting in anticipation. Mine H1 not L1 once confirmed at interview did not take more than a week if i recall. Was on the flight the very afternoon it arrived.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:13 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone Have their Interview Thur 24th May and received their visa back?

you should receive it Friday
Old May 30th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Katsu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We had our visa (L1/L2) interview in London last Thursday and have received a text message today to say our passports and visas will be with us tomorrow.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Jewel505 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview that day as well and I was told that it would take a week. It's a week today and the tracking number still isn't active. Everyone else who is on my program and had their interview on the 24th received their passports yesterday. I'm on the j-1 visa and need it for tomorrow, any ideas with what I can do. Bit annoyed that I was told 7days by my sponsor and the same by the embassy ... Then they said 5-10 when I called up.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jewel505
I had my interview that day as well and I was told that it would take a week. It's a week today and the tracking number still isn't active. Everyone else who is on my program and had their interview on the 24th received their passports yesterday. I'm on the j-1 visa and need it for tomorrow, any ideas with what I can do. Bit annoyed that I was told 7days by my sponsor and the same by the embassy ... Then they said 5-10 when I called up.
Why wld you need it for tomorrow? You should never book travel until such time as you have received the required documents in your HAND.

If there is no tracking number activated, then it is likely that the passport has not yet been handed to the courier. If this is the case then there is nothing you can do.

There is the possibility that you could change the delivery address for the courier to somewhere closer to where you need to be. However that only helps if they get it in time.

Golden rule which to me seems so logical. Until you have authorization to travel, you should not book the actual travel.
Old May 31st 2012, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jewel505
Possibly you could phone DX up and pay for a faster delivery but if they didn't have your passports yesterday then you're not going to have had them today. I'm guessing you're on a summer camp program that starts in the next couple of days - why was the interview so late? FWIW counselors have been known to turn up late to camp due to visa issues but it's not exactly a good start.

Unfortunately you'll just have to wait until the embassy is ready. That might be today, tomorrow, next week, or worse. 5-7-10 days might be typical set of figures, it's not a guarantee by any means.