Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jun 27th 2016, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Hi Ian,
Great news!
I received today from uscis through my foia request, and after a six month wait, the immigration file of my father.
It includes
- copy of his immigrant visa and alien registration (green card)
- application to file petition for naturalization,
- petition for naturalization ( I already had it from the national archives at boston)
- Naturalization certificate!!!
These documents, if added to those mentioned by me in a previous post, don't they strengthen my case! What do you think?

Best,
Vasileios
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vasileios
These documents, if added to those mentioned by me in a previous post, don't they strengthen my case! What do you think?
I think it does strengthen your case, yes. Good luck!

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2016, 7:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
"Note: USCIS cannot immediately adjudicate your Form N-600K once you file the application. Processing of the Form N-600K must be completed within the U.S. The processing includes: interview of the applicant and qualifying relative (parent or grandparent) or guardian (if applicable); taking the Oath of Allegiance (required for 14 years of age or older); and receipt of the Certificate of Citizenship."

Ian
Since the grandmother cannot travel (I would think at 90 she should be able to unless disabled or very ill), wouldn't the parent be considered the "Guardian"? Perhaps a one time consultation with an immigration attorney is in order.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Since the grandmother cannot travel (I would think at 90 she should be able to unless disabled or very ill), wouldn't the parent be considered the "Guardian"?
Not unless the English language has taken a nose dive recently! According to the form, "guardian" refers to "legal guardian" when the parent has died... and the form must be filed within 5 years of the parent's death. Fortunately, this is not the case here.

Perhaps a one time consultation with an immigration attorney is in order.
Perhaps - but the immigration Officer isn't obligated to agree with the attorney's opinion.

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2016, 3:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thoroughly confused. I have seen posted here many times that people claim USC based on a USC grandparent. Oft times these claimants are adults and their grandparents are deceased. If this is so, how do they do it or am remembering this incorrectly?
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian
I do not remember if my question was answered in an other post:
Can a friend of mine, who resides in the usa, write a cashier's check for me?
Must he write somewhere in the cashier's check the name of my son/ or mine and "n600k fee"?
I suppose the check must not be signed by anyone, correct?
Many thanks, Vasileios.

Ps. My friend has an account in a credit union for doctors, named "national health insitute". He told me that this credit union operates like a bank. According to your knowledge, checks from credit unions are acceptable and valid as the other banks?
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:53 am
Account Closed

Can a friend of mine, who resides in the usa, write a cashier's check for me?
He can - yes... but you really don't want him to. You want a method whereby you can track the money from the source to the destination - and that's not easily done with either a cashier's check or a postal money order. Sorry... you're going to have to figure this one out on your own - I've never sent money internationally for US immigration purposes.

Here's a thought however... why not go to your own bank and find out what's available? It sounds as though you've made the assumption that the money must originate in the US.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
He can - yes... but you really don't want him to. You want a method whereby you can track the money from the source to the destination - and that's not easily done with either a cashier's check or a postal money order. Sorry... you're going to have to figure this one out on your own - I've never sent money internationally for US immigration purposes.

Here's a thought however... why not go to your own bank and find out what's available? It sounds as though you've made the assumption that the money must originate in the US.

Ian
Thanks! I was thinking to go to the national bank of Greece, write a check 2χ 600 dollars, which will be drawn in the us bank, with which my bank cooperates: deutche bank, New York. I don't really know if greek banks have in the bottom of their checks magnetic ink character recognition, as us checks have... If they haven't, will this be a problem , as long as the check
Is in US dollars,
Payable in a us bank,
Send to US department of homeland security?
Again, thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

My nephew received his appointment interview letter for 26 July in MN. There is a process to expedite visa appointment but you've got to have an appointment scheduled first. I've paid the fee, but no appointments. Called the number and talked to 2 individuals who stated the same thing, that once you schedule an appointment, there is a link to "expedite" and you can explain situation at that point. Nephew had overstayed when 13 years old and it states that in his citizenship appointment letter so he needs a visa to travel to the appointment. Anyone dealt with anything similar? Our congressman is involved and reaching out to the embassy so hoping that can help. As my nephews mother is a US citizen and he is obtaining his US citizenship, are there any other avenues to assist?
Old Jun 28th 2016, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

After reading my above post, there may be some confusion. Since my nephew, Michael, at the age of 13, overstayed on a visa, he is no longer eligible to use the ESTA. He tried and was denied. He's currently 15. He needs a B1 Visa to travel to the US for his appointment in MN for his citizenship appointment interview with USCIS on 26 July. He's completed the DS160 and paid the fee for a Visa appointment at the US embassy in London, but there are currently no appointments...it shows nothing and we went up to 2020. Not sure how their process works and was hoping there may be another avenue for my sister who is a US Citizen to bring Michael to the US. There may not be, so we do have our congressman assisting.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Appointments showed up this morning....first available is 1 September which I scheduled. There is a "request expedite" tab, which I also did advising of USCIS appointment on 26 July and not being able to use ESTA due to overstay. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ian,
Just received today from the department of state my father's first application for passport ( foia request)- I made to them in mid may another request asking for the same document to be sent to me certified, but it assume the copy and the letter from the department of state is good enough for uscis.
So to sum up, what I have got till now
1. Evidence of my us citizenship:
US birth certificate
Valid, unexpired passport
2. Evidence of my father's us citizenship:
Naturalization certificate
Application for his first us passport
Copy of his first us passport
Copy of his last us passport- expired since 1997, he died in 2008,
Consular report of death, which confirms that he died as a us citizen
3. Evidence for my father's physical presence in the usa
a. Green card,
Application to file for naturalization,
Petition for naturalization ( bearing a stamp "granted", and the number of the certificate of naturalization),
Certificate of naturalization,
First passport application
Copy of first passport

b. greek and first us passports, officially translated, which if combined show that he never left the usa, from 1966 up to 1977.

c. Social security records, certified: quarterly statement of earnings, from 1966 up to 1977.

d. Certificates of residency from the city of boston, certified, which confirm that he lived in specific home addresses during his stay in the usa+ Certified yearly catalogues of the streets he lived, where it is stated that he lived there, in a specific address.

e. Deed of the house he bought in boston + certified copies of property tax which was billed to his address

f. Certified copy that in 1977 he was a registered voter in boston.

g. a hospital card in his name I found, which has some visits he made to the hospital

h. A number of photos, which are dated, not by hand, but by the codak photo mashine.

So, that' s all! What do you think? I know I have asked you again, and that you were pretty optimistic, but now I have gathered all papers, so your evaluation will be highly appreciated! Sorry for my longish post.
Vasileios
Old Jul 13th 2016, 12:28 am
Account Closed

The death report is good so include it... but it doesn't matter that he was a US citizen when he died. That is irrelevant - the only part that's important is how long he lived in the US after he naturalized.

I have gathered all papers, so your evaluation will be highly appreciated!
I think you have a comprehensive package. Good luck with the application.

Ian
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:36 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian,
Just received today from the department of state my father's first application for passport ( foia request)- I made to them in mid may another request asking for the same document to be sent to me certified, but it assume the copy and the letter from the department of state is good enough for uscis.
So to sum up, what I have got till now
1. Evidence of my us citizenship:
US birth certificate
Valid, unexpired passport
2. Evidence of my father's us citizenship:
Naturalization certificate
Application for his first us passport
Copy of his first us passport
Copy of his last us passport- expired since 1997, he died in 2008,
3. Evidence for my father's physical presence in the usa
a. Green card,
Application to file for naturalization,
Petition for naturalization ( bearing a stamp "granted", and the number of the certificate of naturalization),
Certificate of naturalization,
First passport application
Copy of first passport

b. greek and first us passports, officially translated, which if combined show that he never left the usa, from 1966 up to 1977.

c. Social security records, certified: quarterly statement of earnings, from 1966 up to 1977.

d. Certificates of residency from the city of boston, certified, which confirm that he lived in specific home addresses during his stay in the usa+ Certified yearly catalogues of the streets he lived, where it is stated that he lived there, in a specific address.

e. Deed of the house he bought in boston + certified copies of property tax which was billed to his address

f. Certified copy that in 1977 he was a registered voter in boston.

g. a hospital card in his name I found, which has some visits he made to the hospital

h. A number of photos, which are dated, not by hand, but by the codak photo mashine.

So, that' s all! What do you think? I know I have asked you again, and that you were pretty optimistic, but now I have gathered all papers, so your evaluation will be highly appreciated! Sorry for my longish post.
Vasileios
Wow Vasileios, you do have a lot of evidence for your father's residence years as a US citizen. Thanks for posting the whole list! I'm sure it will be helpful to those who are working towards applying for this route to USC.

And--as usual--Ian's words are always invaluable help in navigating these murky immigration waters!!
Old Jul 13th 2016, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks, I hope it will go ok,
One thing remains: I want to apply for my two children, so what option is better:
A. 2 applications and one folder with the evidence, or
B. 2 applications, and two senate folders?
Many thanks in advance!
Vasileios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.