Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Hi Laurence,
nice to hear I was of some help! Organize your dossier very carefully- and in addition to the documents you have prepared, also send if you can find them:
- certificate of citizenship- if she still has it in her possession,
- certificate of naturalization, if she still has it,
- irs tax returns
- social security employment records.
Start requesting them in case uscis requires from you more evidence, in order to save time.
All the best, Vasileios
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Laurent2303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,
Not thought of these, well look them up and use them
I am so glad I found this site
Best regards
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Just remembered that you can also submit ( and is really good evidence):
Utility bills ( telephone, gas, electricity, water...)
Go to the social security site and look up which specific form for you must send in order to get social security records for a fee ( "request for social security earnings information")- I got them after 4 months- they are the best evidence! Hurry up- gather everything needed, it will save joy from trouble later. They're is also another great site about the n600k application. Google "life in the israeli state" and then click "legal documentation" - it will get you to a blog, with about 900 comments about the process!!!
Vasileios
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 1:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laurent2303
... and adopt the strategy of going to the Notary Desk of the Embassy to have my file reviewed / stamped so that it can not be rejected when processed in the US.
I don't think you fully understand what a Notary does. A Notary does not verify the accuracy of any information presented - he documents only that you are the person you say you are... and he will witness your signature as being an original signature.

US immigration is not obligated to process your application any faster just because you believe it's urgent. If the child is approaching a cut off age then, from a US immigration point of view, you should have applied sooner.

Ian
Old Jun 6th 2016, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think you fully understand what a Notary does. A Notary does not verify the accuracy of any information presented - he documents only that you are the person you say you are... and he will witness your signature as being an original signature.

US immigration is not obligated to process your application any faster just because you believe it's urgent. If the child is approaching a cut off age then, from a US immigration point of view, you should have applied sooner.

Ian
Thank you, well noted.
Laurent
Old Jun 25th 2016, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

I am about to send a very complete N600K file with notarized, officialy translated and "Apostille" bearing documents and now see that the Form N-600K expires 05/31/2015 ?!?

Indeed, in the upper right conner of the form, one can read:
"OMB N0. 1615-0087 ; Expires 05/31/2015"

is this a probem ? I can not find another form. After all this work (and some costs!) it would be awful to be rejected...

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Laurent
Old Jun 25th 2016, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Again,

I think I found the answer for valide use of present N-600K :
"05/03/13. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, customers may file using the 05/03/13 edition. No previous editions accepted."
Old Jun 26th 2016, 12:23 am
Just Joined

I am filing on behalf of my daughters but the grandmother is transmitting citizenship because I was not long enough in the US.

Do you agree part 4 should filled ?

Is it OK if the grandmother is not at the interview ?

Thanks;

Laurent
Old Jun 26th 2016, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

is this a probem ? I can not find another form.
Take a look here. Then expand the panel that says "Edition Date". That's your answer.

Edit - Ah, I see you found it.

Do you agree part 4 should filled ?
Yes.

Is it OK if the grandmother is not at the interview ?
No, it's not okay. The grandmother must be present at the interview. The interview will take place in the US. This is explained in Part 7 under Specific Form Instructions (page 6-7) in the N-600K Instructions form.

Ian
Old Jun 26th 2016, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ian,

Ouch ! I did not think so since I am a US citizen well proving the whole case and will travel with my two chidren and their mother to the USCIS office.

Mum is 90 and can not travel....What can I do ? She gave me a mandate which was accepted at the American Embassy to notarize her passport and all documents proving her years in the US through an Oath I was asked to make.

It is a lot to ask to have the US parent and grandparent, are you 100% sure she has to come along...

Best,

Thank you again,

Laurent
Old Jun 26th 2016, 6:30 am
Account Closed

I did not think so since I am a US citizen well proving the whole case and will travel with my two chidren and their mother to the USCIS office.
Sorry - but you aren't the person from whom they're deriving citizenship. Your presence isn't required at all. This is between the children and their grandmother.

Mum is 90 and can not travel....What can I do ?
Nothing, I'm afraid. She must be present in the US at the children's interview... because she must be sworn to tell the truth.

It is a lot to ask to have the US parent and grandparent, are you 100% sure she has to come along...
Did you read the section I mentioned earlier? I'm not making this up.

"Note: USCIS cannot immediately adjudicate your Form N-600K once you file the application. Processing of the Form N-600K must be completed within the U.S. The processing includes: interview of the applicant and qualifying relative (parent or grandparent) or guardian (if applicable); taking the Oath of Allegiance (required for 14 years of age or older); and receipt of the Certificate of Citizenship."

The alternative is for you to file I-130's for the children, move to the US, and take the children with you. They will immediately become US citizens upon entry to the US with their immigrant visas. However, this will only work if you intend to live in the US.

Ian
Old Jun 26th 2016, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ian so much even if I'm blocked ;-(

I have a little hope whilst reading different testimonies as below

...Shouldn't I try ? Now that my file is now 100% ready (with a few hundred euros in notarization, translation and apostille) am I at risk to loose 2x600 usd ?

is the information hereunder wrong?
https://isranglo.wordpress.com/2007/...the-initiated/

First I should note that the requirements listed above for naturalizing your child are for passing it on automatically at the embassy here in Israel. If you came (as I did) before age 16 and aren’t married to a US citizen then that’s indeed not an option for you. However there is an alternate option which is to apply for citizenship for your child under section 322 based on their US citizen GRANDPARENT fulfilling the second option (i.e. proving they’ve lived 5 years in the US at least 2 of which came after the age of 14). Note that the grandparent needn’t be living in the US now nor will they need to go to the US at any point with the grandchild. Unlike the automatic transfer from parent to child, however, citizenship through a grandparent will necessitate the citizen parent to take the child to the US for the naturalization interview (though there is no set amount of time you have to stay – if you want you can fly in the day before the interview and fly out a few hours after the interview).

Sorry to insist, thanks for your another hit and best to you
Laurent
Old Jun 26th 2016, 8:20 am
Just Joined

GRANDPARENTS | Tel Aviv, Israel - Embassy of the United States
interesting
Old Jun 26th 2016, 9:59 am
Account Closed

is the information hereunder wrong?
The initial post was almost 10 years ago... so it's difficult to say whether or not the process has changed.

interesting
Well, this conflicts with the instructions on the form - so do what you feel is best.

Ian
Old Jun 26th 2016, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Thank you Ian, I will give it a try rather than lying about immigrating...and wil keep you posted.Will sleep on it.

Have a nice week

Best,

Laurent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.