Anyone done N600K recently?

Old May 20th 2016, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Vasileios
I am preparing my n600k application.
Have you read the N-600K instructions? You can't file the form yourself. It must be submitted on your behalf by either a US citizen grandparent or a US citizen legal guardian; within 5 years of your US citizen parent's death; and filed before you turn 18 years old.

Since this is your first post and we know nothing about you - no one here can say whether or not you're even eligible.

Ian
Old May 20th 2016, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Ian,
Many thanks for your answer.
I am a us citizen by birth, and my father was a us citizen by naturalization- he died in 2008. I will file for my kid, using the grandparent route. I think that I am eligible- I find nothing contradicting the general requirements for filing n600k. What do you think?
Thanks!

By the way, I posted the evidence I gathered. Do you think this evidence is enough?

Last edited by Vasileios; May 20th 2016 at 5:59 pm.
Old May 20th 2016, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I will file for my kid, using the grandparent route.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying what you're doing.

Do you think this evidence is enough?
Yes - it certainly seems to be! Best of luck to you.

Ian
Old May 20th 2016, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Ian, many thanks for encouraging me!
1. So you really think I have enough proof for my father's residency?

2. How can I pay uscis. In Greece we don't have money orders- do they accept personal checks?

3. If I file in June, when should I expect an answer ( hopefully an interview!)?

Many thanks,
Vasileios.
Old May 20th 2016, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

1. So you really think I have enough proof for my father's residency?
I think so, yes. Ultimately, it'll be up to the Consular Officer to make that decision.

2. How can I pay uscis. In Greece we don't have money orders- do they accept personal checks?
They'll accept a check if it's drawn on a US bank account. You may be able to get a cashier's check for the amount, or even someone in the US can write the check.

3. If I file in June, when should I expect an answer ( hopefully an interview!)?
I don't really know for sure, but I'd guess that it'll take 6-8 weeks to get a response, and then perhaps another 3-4 months after that for an interview. Unless the child is in danger of turning 18 before then, there's no real rush.

Ian
Old May 20th 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ok,many thanks!
Vasileios
Old May 26th 2016, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ian, is it possible to send to uscis the documents and after a while the checks?
Vasileios

Last edited by Vasileios; May 26th 2016 at 4:49 pm.
Old May 26th 2016, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian, is it possible to send to uscis the documents and after a while the checks?
Vasileios
My guess would be..... No
Old May 26th 2016, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

... is it possible to send to uscis the documents and after a while the checks?
No - absolutely not. They will not process the paperwork without the correct fees. If you don't include the fees, the paperwork will be returned to you.

Ian
Old May 28th 2016, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ian ,
Just a question: I have mailed to the department of state a foia request in the beginning of February, asking for my father's first passport application and any documents he submitted, but have no reply yet.
After many attempts, I managed to speak over the phone with a guy, who told me that they get requests from all over the world, and the process is a bit slow... Should I be worried? I submitted with my request all the necessary documents they ask for.
Many thanks in advance!
Vasileios
Old May 28th 2016, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

Should I be worried?
No. The guy you spoke to is correct. What you probably don't know is that an FOIA request is likely to take a year or more. It's not a quick process and, largely, it's not a high priority. Prior to 10 or so years ago, everything was done on paper - and that means someone has to manually check the records... and the records could exist in any one of a dozen locations. It's a very time-consuming process.

Ian
Old May 28th 2016, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No. The guy you spoke to is correct. What you probably don't know is that an FOIA request is likely to take a year or more. It's not a quick process and, largely, it's not a high priority. Prior to 10 or so years ago, everything was done on paper - and that means someone has to manually check the records... and the records could exist in any one of a dozen locations. It's a very time-consuming process.

Ian
Many thanks Ian!
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Laurent2303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of the Us Embassy in Paris, (I'm Franco-American) helpful to solve the case of validating my old mothers' documents proving her citizenship and having stayed enough time in the US, making me take an oath certifying originals of documents exist and filing such oath in my dossier.
They understand and see my anxiety as I prepare as perfectly as possible the N600 K form for my 2 daughters, 11 and soon 17 and have little leverage to travel to the States.
They asked me to present officially translated documents with certified French copies (apostille) instead of my copies and own translation.
I intented to file direct in Hartford USCIS and ready to send my files there but I read here I must send to Phoenix and that there are then offices per Country (France?), can someone nicely help? Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Laurent,
- you post the whole file to Phoenix ( see instructions)
- people there will notice that the one of your children is very close to the cut off date, and will process it quickly, but...
- I would not rly only on this: if I were you I would write outside the file"very urgent", and also a letter with a title like "very urgent- my son is 17 years old!", to make the prioritize my request and make them process it quickly. Afterwards, I would phone the number they provide in their website and tell them how urgent is my case, and even mail and email them.
Don't worry, everything is going to turn out fine- the better you organize your file for the naturalization of your children, the quicker your request will be processed. Just keep in mind the things I suggested above!
By the way,
1. What kind of evidence did you. Bring for your mother's residency in the usa?
2. How did you pay the fee?
Good luck- ask freely anything you want,
Vasileios,
Greece
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Laurent2303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Vasileios,

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll be following your lead.

I am a little paranoied but keep optimism and adopt the strategy of going to the Notary Desk of the Embassy to have my file reviewed / stamped so that it can not be rejected when processed in the US.

Therefore, having a mix of copies and originals for my mother's file, I was worried and asked for validation.
- for the copy of my mother's passport
it was refused and I shall come back with the actual passport and a letter of my mother giving me right to present it
- for the bunch of docs, I showed originals and copies and made a "sworn statement" : All copies of documents provided for the 600K section322 procedure relating to my mother,...., are those of original documents gathererd in view of the naturalization of my two daughters,...
I raised my right hand, swore and got 2 nice stamped documents of the Embassy.
- Certificate of birth registration
- Certificate of birth
- Marriage License
- Voting registration
- Public Notary wedding document
- Letter of resignation from work at Dept. of State
- Affidavit of American friend
- Affidavit of her brother
- Own Oath of my mother
I could not do / find more !
It did cost me 2 x USD50

I have not yet send the file and payment (I shall use my mother's checkbook at an American Bank) because I need to go back for the passport of my mother and because they requested all French documents be stamped and translated by official translator.

Getting there, it's work!

Happy to read more advice.

I have no clue what USCIS office is best to go as fast as possible, I would prefer the East Coast, if you have any hints. I thought of Hartford were I graduated but after hours of chasing a civil servant, I found someone totally lost by my request, not sure a 600K file could be processed there.

Best regards

Laurent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.