Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by y_igriega
I'm just hoping your case is an isolated one.
It is likely not an isolated case. The US government has no interest in whether or not their processing timeline is convenient for you... and N-600K applications aren't very high up the priority list because nothing about the circumstances change at all while the application is processed.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2015, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

You can check the processing times for your local office. They will either say 5 months i.e. applications are being processed within 5 months or give the date for the applications they are working on.

Oh here's the link.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:13 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

I think one must send off the application and start praying....

Our hopefully prospective new US citizen is still waiting to be born across the ocean. My fingers are crossed for safe birth, safe & healthy early life, and successful N600K outcome within a reasonable time frame ... but from what I've researched and read here & other places, the latter is always a gamble, and "reasonable" is anyone's guess.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

y_igriega is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by gad33
You can check the processing times for your local office. They will either say 5 months i.e. applications are being processed within 5 months or give the date for the applications they are working on.

Oh here's the link.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Hey, just read this message, THANKS SO MUCH, for what I understand the Jacksonville office is taking 5months or less to file de n600k that is ok. I'm planning to stay in the US from Jan to Apr, I hope they arange an appointment within those dates
Old Oct 4th 2015, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Received notice of interview dates - took just over 3 months since sending in original applications - much quicker than we expected.
Problem is that interview date is 2 weeks from date they posted letter so no time to get everybody here so hoping there is no problem in postponing.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gad33
Received notice of interview dates - took just over 3 months since sending in original applications - much quicker than we expected.
Problem is that interview date is 2 weeks from date they posted letter so no time to get everybody here so hoping there is no problem in postponing.
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. Would you mind telling what office you chose, seems the process may vary...
Old Oct 8th 2015, 1:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

One doesn't choose an office. You go to the office that serves your jurisdiction.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2015, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
One doesn't choose an office. You go to the office that serves your jurisdiction.

Rene
Thanks for your comment Rene, could you tell me then what office serves the Jurisdiction of SPAIN and why there is a space in the form for "preferred office"?
Old Oct 8th 2015, 7:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your comment Rene, could you tell me then what office serves the Jurisdiction of SPAIN and why there is a space in the form for "preferred office"?
Are you talking about filing the N-400, or the location of the in-person interview? I was thinking you are in the USA, but maybe I need to re-read the whole thread, sorry.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2015, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Are you talking about filing the N-400, or the location of the in-person interview? I was thinking you are in the USA, but maybe I need to re-read the whole thread, sorry.

Rene
It's N600k no prob.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 7:15 am

Oh gosh. .. sorry, I didn't notice the K. Apologies!

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2015, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. Would you mind telling what office you chose, seems the process may vary...

We chose the office closest to where we live. We're the grandparents living in the US. The children live outside the US.

I suggest you chose an office that is convenient for you to get to and in a place where you'd want to stay as you are coming from outside the country.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, after a year and a half, we've been advised by our constituent representative that we have an appointment! That's a scary process when once the child is over 18 you can no longer pursue citizenship via this route. Not to everyone, start as early as you can
Old Apr 13th 2016, 12:01 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmpowell
Finally, after a year and a half, we've been advised by our constituent representative that we have an appointment! That's a scary process when once the child is over 18 you can no longer pursue citizenship via this route. Not to everyone, start as early as you can
Wow, WHAT a long wait!

Jmpowell, thank you SO much for posting this!.... I (the grandparent with the US residence time) am still discussing this N600K process with my daughter and her husband, and my British-born grandchild is less than a year old, so we all keep saying we have time.... But this reminds me that we must actually make some kind of a decision on this and not just let the whole matter fall out of our minds! So easy to put off grappling with difficult immigration "stuff".

Last edited by WEBlue; Apr 13th 2016 at 12:05 am.
Old May 20th 2016, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all,
I am preparing my n600k application. I would appreciate if you could tell me your opinion whether the documentation for my fathers residence in usa is good enough for uscis. So, this is what I have
1. Social security records, certified, for a period of 12 years ( quarterly earnings statement)
2. Petition for naturalization, certified copy from the national archives, which has his alien registration number, the stamp "approved", and the number of the certificate of naturalization issued.
3. Official certificate of residency from the city of boston (1966-1977)
4. Property tax records from the city of boston.
5. A deed with the house he bought in boston.
6. His greek passport, which has his entering in the usa in 1966, no stamp/sign that he left, and his us passport which records that he left usa in 1977. I suppose that the information in the two passports combined, prove that he lived in the usa for 12 years...
7. All his usa passports, until he died.
8. The consular report of death, which proves that he died as an us citizen.

Do you think this info is enough?
Many thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.