Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jun 14th 2015, 5:03 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by gad33
I tell you living in other countries is great but it sure complicates matters.
Yes, I agree.

Expatting can open up great opportunities for the whole family, but also some big headaches along the way too....
Old Jun 16th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

6 months have passed, called the 1-800 number. Was advised that they (our local office was listed as NBC-National Benefits Center) just started working on applications they received in December so call back in another 30 days. Decided it was time to involve my congressperson and forwarded information to them....let's see if they can light a fire
Old Jun 17th 2015, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmpowell
6 months have passed, called the 1-800 number. Was advised that they (our local office was listed as NBC-National Benefits Center) just started working on applications they received in December so call back in another 30 days. Decided it was time to involve my congressperson and forwarded information to them....let's see if they can light a fire

is it the NBC that's 6 months behind or your local office?
Old Jun 17th 2015, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Forms were mailed off today. Be back in a few months.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

The paper receipt shows the National Benefits Center (NBC) received 25 November, notice date is 28 November and then online, when you put the receipt number in it shows "sent to my local office 10 Dec".
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

The paper receipt shows the National Benefits Center (NBC) received 25 November, notice date is 28 November and then online, when you put the receipt number in it shows "sent to my local office 10 Dec".
Thanks.
Hope your elected representative can get things moving for you.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Is the NBC a clearing house that takes your money and then passes everything on to the local office. Or does NBC check the application and everything that was sent with it before passing it on to the local office?
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

I honestly have no idea how they're processing works....but I think it's the local office who does the fact checking.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

So....I received a letter requiring additional information/documentation. They are asking for a passport that "must have been issued prior to your birth if it is being provided as proof of US citizenship". I no longer have the passport I received in the 80s, it was lost in numerous moves. I have recently received an updated US passport but it was issued in 2014. My son was born in 2000. My father was a US service member and I had automatic US citizenship upon birth. The only thing I have that may show this is a copy of my fathers orders returning to the US with me listed as a dependent. Does anyone know if this will suffice that requirement?
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think I can be any help.

Basically what they want is proof that you were a US citizen before your child was born. I have no idea what would have been provided to get your first passport or what official US documentation would have been provided when you were born. So if there was anything that would be helpful.

Also sending a copy of your father's birth certificate with a copy of his orders might help. Even if you've already sent this never assume that they will look at it without being reminded.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Right.....I'd sent everything from my dad to include retirement orders, current US passport, birth certificate, valid US drivers license, retired US Military ID card, explanation letter......I'm lost as to how that isn't enough documentation.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

y_igriega is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Thank you for this thread, It's helping me to take decisions to get my baby's nationality.
So here's my question if you could help:
My plan is to file in the N600k form in Sep'15 to have an appointment around Jan-Mar'16 at the Jacksonville USCIS office. The NBC and the Consulate are giving NO information (Even the Consular agent said “When you get the info let us know”… ¬¬!)
I've read that they are giving appointments with some months of delay. Is there any way to know when I'm going to get the appointment beforehand. I have to arrange my holidays or even some time off at work.
Cheers from Spain!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

There isn't.....and as I've stated, they received my application November 2014. I received no information on the status, even after calling after the 6 month window, until I got my congressman involved. July 27th is the date they sent the letter requiring more information so.......I realize the application states 90 days, but that's not realistic in my opinion.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

There isn't.....and as I've stated, they received my application November 2014. I received no information on the status, even after calling after the 6 month window, until I got my congressman involved. July 27th is the date they sent the letter requiring more information so.......I realize the application states 90 days, but that's not realistic in my opinion.
Thanks so much for your info JMpowell, I'm just hoping your case is an isolated one.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Anyone has any experience on the Jacksonville office?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.