Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Mar 15th 2015, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Does this mean that it's best to send copies of ALL one's documents rather than originals?
Yes. Bring the originals to the interview, but don't send them with the application as they may not be returned. This has been standard advice for many years now... application forms must be original; evidence should be copies.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

uscda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Stop! Right Now! I'm not sure what you're looking at, but you don't sign Part 7, and your father doesn't complete Part 8.

This is not an N-600 application... it is an N-600K application. The "K" is very important. They are two completely different forms. Here is the N-600K form. Here are the instructions for the N-600K.

Part 1 is about you - the child.
Part 2 is about you.
Part 3 is about your USC parent - the applicant.
Part 4 does not get completed in this case.
Part 5 is about your USC parent.
Part 6 does not get completed in this case.
Part 7 is about the location of the interview.
Part 8 is for either your signature (because you're over 14) or the USC parent's signature... one or the other, but not both.
Part 9 is completed by the USC parent.
Part 10 is completed by the USC parent at the interview and not before.
Part 11 is completed by the USCIS officer at the interview.

Both you and your father must attend the interview.

Ian
Thank you for the information. I checked everything. You're right. I meant Part 8 for signature and my father has filled Part 9. We filled Part 4 because we are using my grandfathers residence in the U.S.

I chose San Barnardino, Los Angeles and San Diego at the preffered location. Hope that they choose the fastest one.

Thank you so much!
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:48 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Stop! Right Now! I'm not sure what you're looking at, but you don't sign Part 7, and your father doesn't complete Part 8.

This is not an N-600 application... it is an N-600K application. The "K" is very important. They are two completely different forms. Here is the N-600K form. Here are the instructions for the N-600K.
This was my mistake. I read a link that gave some incorrect information.....
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uscda
We filled Part 4 because we are using my grandfathers residence in the U.S.
No... you can't. Either your father is the applicant or your grandfather is the applicant. You complete section 4 only if your grandfather is the applicant. You don't get to pick and choose which sections you complete.

If your father is not living in the US, then he gives his foreign address in Part 3.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2015, 5:09 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

No... you can't. Either your father is the applicant or your grandfather is the applicant. You complete section 4 only if your grandfather is the applicant. You don't get to pick and choose which sections you complete.

If your father is not living in the US, then he gives his foreign address in Part 3.
Now I'm confused....

Section 4 is for details of the grandparent whose qualifying years of US residence are being used to transmit the US citizenship... in the case of the parent not having sufficient years.

Isn't the parent (if alive) always the applicant? But the qualifying residence years may be either the parent's or the grandparent's?

Last edited by WEBlue; Mar 15th 2015 at 5:12 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Section 4 is for details of the grandparent whose qualifying years of US residence are being used to transmit the US citizenship...
Correct... but I don't think that's the situation for uscda, although it might be the case for you. I was responding specifically to uscda.

Isn't the parent (if alive) always the applicant?
Yes.

But the qualifying residence years may be either the parent's or the grandparent's?
Correct - and the qualifying years (for either parent or grandparent) are noted in Part 5.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2015, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

My father has not lived in the US for the required time but my grandfather has. So that's why we have completed Part 4. Everything is correct then, isn't it?
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

My father has not lived in the US for the required time but my grandfather has. So that's why we have completed Part 4.
Why on earth didn't you say this 3 weeks ago when you first posted? Your original posts made it sound as though you were the parent filing on behalf of a child... then we find out that you're the child... and now we find out that it's the grandparent's residency that's being used. Did you not think any of that was important enough to mention to the people who are trying to help you? We're good... but we're not mind readers.

Everything is correct then, isn't it?
Seems to be so far... unless there's even more information that you're not sharing!

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2015, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I was keeping information. You're right, I should have posted it in my first post. Anyway thanks for helping!

Last edited by uscda; Mar 15th 2015 at 10:36 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 3:24 am
Under blue skies

Off-topic a little ... but I'm surprised that all three of us in this thread who are dealing with this application are using the grandparent's time in the USA to transmit citizenship.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Yes, that is surprising! I guess that's the most common situation.

@wolfft, did you attached form G-1145 to the application?
Old Mar 17th 2015, 12:31 pm
Under blue skies

I'm not sure proving adequate residence years through the grandparent is more common than through the parent.

In our case, the parent of the child might have actually had enough USA residence time, but it was going to be difficult to prove those 2 years after age 14.... OTOH, the grandparent (me) has easily provable years after age 14.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

wolfft is an unknown quantity at this point

@wolfft, did you attached form G-1145 to the application?
Yes - I attached the form G-1145 and returned it with the application
Old Apr 28th 2015, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

We submitted an N-600K for my nephew and the receipt from USCIS is 25 November 2015. On the website it shows 10 Dec as the "last updated" date and we received a receipt showing it went to the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit MO. We haven't heard anything since and can not see a processing time on their website although there are others forms that do display timeframes.
We used the grandparent rule for the time frame as my sister only lived in the US until the age of 13. We're thinking no news is good news right now but hope it doesn't take much longer. I haven't found anything that gives any time estimate on this.....will update this site once we hear something.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

JPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond repute

I asked about this here a couple of years ago and gained an understanding of the process of making an application to register US citizenship for a child born overseas to a USC parent who cannot transmit USC automatically to the child at birth.

Just wondering if anyone has actually done this recently...and how it worked.

I'm not clear as to which Field Office this application (from England, where the parents live) would be handled by, but all the FOs I've checked seem to process the N600 applications pretty quickly....

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
We have JUST got our daughter's certificate of citizenship (via the N-600K) after applying for in March 2014. To say it was a huge fiasco, is an understatement but we got there!

You send the form to the Phoenix Office but beyond that our application disappeared into the abyss. We got confirmation of receipt and payment was taken but after that it didn't progress at all.

My wife spent hours calling the NBC and got incorrect information every single time. In the end she spoke to the US Embassy in London who took up the case, tracked it down in New York where it had sat for 9 months.

After getting a congressperson and the Field Director in London involved, we eventually got an interview date in the US (you will have to go to the US to get the process completed) and our daughter got her certificate of citizenship in March 2015.

The processing time is SUPPOSED to be 5 - 6 months, but it is an uncommon form and from what the USCIS woman told us at the interview, it gets sidelined a lot! Be ready to stay on top of your application and chase it up regularly. I honestly believe that if we hadn't made pests of ourselves with London and through congresswoman's office, we'd still be in limbo land now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.